Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Feb 2024, 1:01 pm

There's various meds & medical conditions that can have an effect on weight so it might be beneficial to discuss weight with a doc.

I've gained a lot of weight in the last 10 years due to binge-eating snacks & junk food, not being very active sometimes, & being on meds that can potentially cause weight gain. However I lost a bit of weight after starting the diabetes injection Ozempic. I was prescribed that for pre-diabetes, being overweight, & I started a antipsychotic that could raise blood sugar & cause weight gain so my GP wanted to be cautious. I quit taking Ozempic because it was having a major shortage due to patients using it for weight loss. It might even be approved for weight loss now in addition to diabetes or some other similar type meds are. I started being prescribed a higher dose since higher doses were out of stock less but I had a lot of gastrointestinal side-effects. My blood sugar was fine last time it was checked & I don't weigh as much as I did so my doc isn't worried about that ATM. I have other issues I'm trying to address. Being more active & buying less snacks would help me a lot. I need to get in better shape & then start looking for a job instead of staying home stressing about lack of money.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

PrivatePyle99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2024, 6:10 am

Weight loss has been a recent focus for me, and I've been trying out a few strategies to manage it.
First off, I've made some adjustments to my diet. I aim for a balanced mix of whole foods like lean proteins, plenty of vegetables, and cutting back on processed foods. Portion control has been important for me, too. I'm making sure I'm not overeating.
One thing that's been helping me restrain my appetite is Zotrim, an herbal supplement that's designed to reduce cravings. It helps curb my cravings and keeps me feeling fuller for longer, which has made it easier to stick to my calorie goals. As with any supplement, it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare provider before adding it to your routine.
I've also started jogging and swimming. It's not always easy, especially when I'm feeling tired or unmotivated, but the sense of accomplishment afterward keeps me going.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 140 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 4:22 pm

PrivatePyle99 wrote:
Weight loss has been a recent focus for me, and I've been trying out a few strategies to manage it.
First off, I've made some adjustments to my diet. I aim for a balanced mix of whole foods like lean proteins, plenty of vegetables, and cutting back on processed foods. Portion control has been important for me, too. I'm making sure I'm not overeating.
One thing that's been helping me restrain my appetite is Zotrim, an herbal supplement that's designed to reduce cravings. It helps curb my cravings and keeps me feeling fuller for longer, which has made it easier to stick to my calorie goals. As with any supplement, it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare provider before adding it to your routine.
I've also started jogging and swimming. It's not always easy, especially when I'm feeling tired or unmotivated, but the sense of accomplishment afterward keeps me going.

During 2010-2013 I went from 174 pounds to 137 pounds (at my very lowest) at my height of 5ft8

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm

nick007 wrote:
There's various meds & medical conditions that can have an effect on weight so it might be beneficial to discuss weight with a doc.

I've gained a lot of weight in the last 10 years due to binge-eating snacks & junk food, not being very active sometimes, & being on meds that can potentially cause weight gain. However I lost a bit of weight after starting the diabetes injection Ozempic. I was prescribed that for pre-diabetes, being overweight, & I started a antipsychotic that could raise blood sugar & cause weight gain so my GP wanted to be cautious. I quit taking Ozempic because it was having a major shortage due to patients using it for weight loss. It might even be approved for weight loss now in addition to diabetes or some other similar type meds are. I started being prescribed a higher dose since higher doses were out of stock less but I had a lot of gastrointestinal side-effects. My blood sugar was fine last time it was checked & I don't weigh as much as I did so my doc isn't worried about that ATM. I have other issues I'm trying to address. Being more active & buying less snacks would help me a lot. I need to get in better shape & then start looking for a job instead of staying home stressing about lack of money.

I am on sertraline, ariprazole and propranolol and I think there making my weight hard to manage

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 12:46 am

I'm using an exercise bike twice a day to burn 300 calories per day while consuming up to or less than 2000 calories a day.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 6:18 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
I'm using an exercise bike twice a day to burn 300 calories per day while consuming up to or less than 2000 calories a day.

I got down to 137 pounds when I over exercised by cycling.

My dad said for me that is a terrible weight

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2024, 8:06 pm

last time i weighed 137, i was in high school. what happened to me that caused me to deviate from that healthy weight?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 3:18 pm

I'm at least 196 pounds.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 3:22 pm

I think I'm about 145 or 10.5 stone in English money

What ever I am I'm in the normal range and my bmi is spot on according to the hca when she did all my medication monitoring

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 4:35 pm

babybird wrote:
I think I'm about 145 or 10.5 stone in English money

What ever I am I'm in the normal range and my bmi is spot on according to the hca when she did all my medication monitoring

How tall are you?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 12:40 am

5 foot 6

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 6:59 am

babybird wrote:
5 foot 6

So for my bmi to perfect I should get down to roughly 11 stone which is equivalent to 5ft6 and 10 stone 5

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 7:04 am

Well I don't know if it's the same for a man

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 7:05 am

babybird wrote:
Well I don't know if it's the same for a man

Also muscle mass counts to

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 9:43 am

Yeah that's true

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 10:10 am

babybird wrote:
Yeah that's true

Took up running and got down to 150 lbs and some women said to me "You need to beef up"