Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 1:10 am

She got everything wrong about me, she thinks I’m the villain & she little miss innocent. I wish she wasn’t in charge of my money in the trust fund. She wants to hire someone to handle my money, I DON’T WANT a stranger handing my money.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 9:58 pm

But you might Need a stranger managing your money. It seems that your sister is incapable. From various posts you've made, it seems she misappropriated your inheritance and used it for her own home. If your money is managed by a professional, they have a legal fiduciary obligation to manage your money properly in your best interest and not steal from you. Even if it costs a fee, it may be very well worth it - especially if the money is being invested into something that earns a lot more investment income than the management fees cost.

Once your sister sells her house and the portion of money that's owed to you is available for someone to manage it's probably for the best that it's a professional and not your sister. You should Also communicate with a potential professional trust manager about the amount of money your sister owes you from the sale of her home.

For example: If she used $100k of your money to buy a home for $500k and then sells the home for $600k (potentially minus realtor fees etc) then she Should owe you your $100k PLUS 20% of any profits on the sale of the home since you were a 20% investor in the home. If she tries to give you Only the $100k of you original money and no profits from the home it was invested into then she's stealing money from you that belongs to you.

Do you have any living relatives that can deal with this with your sister?