Haley says US has ‘never been a racist country’

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:24 pm

The Hill

Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley said Tuesday that the United States has never been a “racist” country, rejecting a suggestion that she might have trouble becoming the GOP presidential nominee as a woman of color.

In an interview on “Fox & Friends,” co-host Brian Kilmeade asked Haley whether she thinks the GOP is a “racist party.”

“No. We’re not a racist country, Brian. We’ve never been a racist country,” Haley said in response.

“Our goal is to make sure that today is better than yesterday,” she continued. “Are we perfect? No. But our goal is to always make sure we try and be more perfect every day that we can.”
Drawing on her experience as “a brown girl that grew up in a small rural town in South Carolina,” Haley said she has experienced racism in the past but doesn’t want to raise her children to think they’re disadvantaged — a point she’s made before.

“I know, I faced racism when I was growing up. But I can tell you, today is a lot better than it was then,” Haley said. “Our goal is to lift up everybody. Not go and divide people on race or gender or party or anything else. We’ve had enough of that in America.”

She added: “I don’t want my kids growing up where they’re sitting there thinking that they’re disadvantaged because of a color or a gender. I want them to know that if they work hard, they can do and be anything they want to be in America.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 16 Jan 2024, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:25 pm

Forget trying to replace Trump, she'd be better off trying to replace Colbert.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:51 pm

" We’ve never been a racist country,” Haley said in response."

Le Grande delusion

In a era dominated by Trump, even moderate republicans have to sound delusional and racist to be taken seriously by their voting base. Niki Haley should hang her head in shame, she's an ethnic Indian and her son in law is African American. Not sure how she can look him in the eye.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 11:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Le Grande delusion

In a era dominated by Trump, even moderate republicans have to sound delusional and racist to be taken seriously by their voting base. Niki Haley should hang her head in shame, she's an ethnic Indian and her son in law is African American. Not sure how she can look him in the eye.

And the thing is all this kissing MAGA voters ass is a waste of time because there is no need for them to vote for a kind of Trump when they can vote for the real Trump.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 11:12 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Le Grande delusion

And the thing is all this kissing MAGA voters ass is a waste of time because there is no need for them to vote for a kind of Trump when they can vote for the real Trump.

Vivek didn't figure it out that no one's going to vote for brown, immigrant Trump when they want real Trump and hate brown immigrants "taking their jobs".

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 3:54 am

To all young folks out there:

Every GOP candidate tries to cover this embarrassing fact up, but its true..

What they try to cover up is the fact that the GOP is (a)the Party of Lincoln, and (b)it was the GOP that freed the slaves!

The modern GOP is ashamed of that fact NOW, but it is true. They get the blame for freeing the slaves! :D

But now that I have told you this...dont go around blabbing it.

We dont want to interfere with Nikki Haley's campaign by embarrassing the GOP in public!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 3:55 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Plenty of delusional older folks too

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 4:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Plenty of delusional older folks too

I was being a bit facetious by saying that ignorant innocent young-ins might get a REALLY screwed up idea about history if they got all of their education from what current politicians spout.

And further that...Haley should have seized the moment when they asked her that Civl War question by saying what GOPers traditionally say ...which is..."those liberal Dems call us 'racist'...well it was us GOPers who freed the slaves!" It should be something that they BOAST about. Not act like theyre ashamed of it. And the fact that Haley acts ashamed of being in the party of Lincoln shows just how far gone the GOP is now. 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 5:48 am

America was founded on the principles of racism, sexism, genocide, and overall intolerance for others.

Nikki Haley needs to wake up.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 12:53 am

America has always been a racist country.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 1:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
[
And further that...Haley should have seized the moment when they asked her that Civl War question by saying what GOPers traditionally say ...which is..."those liberal Dems call us 'racist'...well it was us GOPers who freed the slaves!" It should be something that they BOAST about. Not act like theyre ashamed of it. And the fact that Haley acts ashamed of being in the party of Lincoln shows just how far gone the GOP is now. 8O

I have a sneaky suspicion that growing up in a Indian household, Haley (or Nimarata Nikki Randhawa) was not exposed to American history. I also suspect civil war history probably never interested her as a young girl. I do believe she made stuff up when it comes to being put on the spot about the civil war. If you go back to her original response, it seemed almost like a scripted answer tucked away in her pocket in case somebody mentions "Civil war" to her.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 5:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
[

I have a sneaky suspicion that growing up in a Indian household, Haley (or Nimarata Nikki Randhawa) was not exposed to American history. I also suspect civil war history probably never interested her as a young girl. I do believe she made stuff up when it comes to being put on the spot about the civil war. If you go back to her original response, it seemed almost like a scripted answer tucked away in her pocket in case somebody mentions "Civil war" to her.

It doesnt work that way.

Yes...We Americans all have first generation immigrant coworkers (like a guy I worked with from the Dominican Republic) who dont know BIG basic stuff about this country (like how we had a civil war). But not second generation immigrants.

If you were born in this country you have to go through middle school and high school and learn the basics of US history. So we have to know the basics...which include suff like the revolution and the Civil War even if you're last name is Somethingswami.

Further...she lives and was governor of the first state to secede from the Union and start the Confederacy, and the state that fired on Fort Sumter and started the Civil War: South Carolina. To fit into , and to survive, in the local culture when you live "in the land of cotten" you hafta be aware that "old times there are not forgotten...look awaaayyyy Dixie Land".

In the former Confederate South they are more obsessed with the Civil War than Americans are in the north.

So there is no way in heck that she could not know about the Civil War.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 18 Jan 2024, 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 5:08 am

Nimarata Randhawa became Nikki Haley because Americans ain't voting for someone named Nimarata Randhawa... but, America ain't a racist country.

Next she'll tell us Elvis never did no drugs.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 6:07 am

naturalplastic wrote:
So there is no way in heck that she could not know about the Civil War.

I compare her answer to De Santis, He was far more slick, with nuance, I think Haley draws on less experience with history as her response was like she had a brain freeze but if you watch her face she seemed sincere when gave her answer. Like in hope.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 6:43 am

In the spring of 1882, the Chinese Exclusion Act was passed by Congress and signed by President Chester A. Arthur. This act provided an absolute 10-year ban on Chinese laborers immigrating to the United States. For the first time, federal law proscribed entry of an ethnic working group on the premise that it endangered the good order of certain localities.

From the National Archives

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 7:23 am

Everybody has gaffes every once in awhile and they should be excused a lot more then they are, but two of this magnitude in such a short period are not gaffes but an issue should automatically disqualify her from the office of President of the United States.