Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspergers445
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2024, 9:38 am

Has anyone on the autism spectrum felt or feel now that they are being pushed out by their employers?

I believe this is one of the most common issues with autism and mainstream employers and it can cause anxiety for the individual because they have to figure out what’s going on.

I have been called out of work a lot this month and put me on annual leave because there hasn’t been any work for me. I know other co workers have had the same as well but it just can’t help that I am getting it the most and they are pushing me out. This may not be the case but I can’t help feeling it.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 10:43 am

Sorry but I don't think that is the case. Things slow down in January as folks take a break from all the Holiday activities and stay inside because of the nasty weather.

But, if you can, maybe it would be worth looking for better job while you are on leave.
It is much easier to get a job if you still have one.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 11:31 am

I don't disclose to employers at this point, so I haven't been in that position. Its hard to say whether you are being "managed out" but based on what you have written, I don't think that's true in your case - anxiety might be causing you to think so.