I don't understand lgbtq or whatever it is

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 10:51 pm

^^^^Given what I know about , most workplaces..That was courageous ..! :ninja: ..... :flower: ^^^^

where ever you go ,there you are

sr71
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2024, 8:57 am

sr71 wrote:
If anyone is offended by my thoughts then I apologise it is not my intention.

I don't understand the politics and flag-waving about gender and sexuality. I am no more proud of my sexuality than I am ashamed of my sexuality both are just on a spectrum just like many other aspects of my life.
Perhaps it is my age but so many people seem to be looking for a reason to be offended. I don't care what gender or sexuality someone is.
Didn't someone say and apologise for getting the quote slightly wrong "You should judge someone by the content of their character not the colour of their skin"
Surely the same should apply to gender and sexuality. The whole debate seems so toxic that we are afraid to talk openly and perhaps miss the point. I can only speak for myself I want to be loved for being unique and whatever the spark is in my soul that someone sees and is attracted to. I identify as male, bisexual ish and am in a heterosexual marriage but if the spark I saw in my wife I had found in a male partner I would have a husband instead of a wife.

Thank you for all your thoughts its always interesting to have other points of view, it is all to easy to see the world through your own eyes and your own experiences. Perhaps that applies to this community more than most, I am glad that know one seemed upset by the question.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 9:02 am

sr71 wrote:
If anyone is offended by my thoughts then I apologise it is not my intention.

I don't understand the politics and flag-waving about gender and sexuality. I am no more proud of my sexuality than I am ashamed of my sexuality both are just on a spectrum just like many other aspects of my life.
Perhaps it is my age but so many people seem to be looking for a reason to be offended. I don't care what gender or sexuality someone is.
Didn't someone say and apologise for getting the quote slightly wrong "You should judge someone by the content of their character not the colour of their skin"
Surely the same should apply to gender and sexuality. The whole debate seems so toxic that we are afraid to talk openly and perhaps miss the point. I can only speak for myself I want to be loved for being unique and whatever the spark is in my soul that someone sees and is attracted to. I identify as male, bisexual ish and am in a heterosexual marriage but if the spark I saw in my wife I had found in a male partner I would have a husband instead of a wife.

Thats exactly the point.

For centuries folks of "nonstandard sexuality" (to coin a phrase) were descriminated against and made to feel inferior.

So now folks under that rubrick (the LBGTQ community) make a cause out of being proud to be that way.