Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Vander571
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2024, 1:55 pm

Some days I feel like I have two left feet and two left hands. I easily drop things or bump into things. I feel completely awkward and stupid. My sensory issues and executive dysfunction tends to be up at these times also.

I'm yet to find the reason behind it. Perhaps it has to do with dysregulation or anxiety. 

Does anyone else experience this sort of thing?

I don't have Autism, I was born this way. I'm simply called an Autistic.

silverlinings1069
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2024, 3:06 pm

I do. I drop things as I go to pick them up. I trip very easily. I have always been clumsy. Ironically, when I get on a dance floor, I am style and grace. Go figure.

It could be autism but it could be my ADHD. Or both. All I know, it is very annoying.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 3:26 pm

If I am in an unfamiliar environment, I can be very clumsy.

Less so in a place like home where I know where everything is and can avoid obstacles without quick thinking.

thegamer23
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2024, 3:29 pm

I feel super clumsy most of the days, expecially in social occasions or in new environments, and i'm very aware of it.
Lost count of how many times i dropped stuff & similar clumsy things, like stumbling, hitting a chair, or just looking out of place.

I feel clumsy expecially compared to most of the other people around who seems to act and move naturally, i feel much more "robotic", as i need to think twice about each move i need to make!

DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 6:44 pm

I walk into doorframes and stumble when I walk down the street sometimes.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 10:10 pm

When I'm overwhelmed, inattentive and impulsive.
Most of my manifestations of clumsiness is unnatural.

And there's something else; for the longest time, those millisecond lapses that happens few times a day.

Sometimes it manifests as turning things wrong, being slower, suddenly forgetting the next step, writing or spelling a letter wrong, a bit of twitch when drawing something, suddenly changing handwritings, pressing the wrong things, sudden spacing out for less than a second, misinterpretation of anything, etc.

I don't know what this is.

Sometimes it manifests like some sort of jolt.
Half the time I can just ignore it. But I've been also ignoring it for the longest time and it's something I've dealt even as a child.

But sometimes it's affecting my performance and having to undo whatever mistake I did or forced to pause.
It's an annoying subtle thing that just kept breaking my momentum.
Not as annoying as constant sneezing and breathing issues, but still it is there and still something I kept dealing and unable to articulate what it is about.

Could be microsleep, could be hypoxia, could be matrix glitching and I'm descending into a worse timelines for all I know.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 10:32 pm

I'm not especially graceful, but I'm not especially clumsy either. I do have moments though.

I've noticed that when I'm more active, I tend to have less klutzy moments.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 10:40 pm

I’m very clumsy. When I’m doing something like yoga, it’s not as bad though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 11:16 pm

I'm very clumsy. I'm always dropping things and bumping into things.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 11:49 pm

I can be a bit clumsy that is why I figure I will get various little hand burns at my current job, pressing shirts...the machines you use for that are hot hot hot, yet somehow from time to time I still like to fling my hand to where I end up accidentally touching my skin to a hot part of the machine.

I have neosporin+ burn relief cream and band aids in my back pack, just in case, cause it will happen for sure, just not sure how many times lol.

Antabade
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2024, 1:48 am

Yep. Part of autism.

It affects the nervous system, which is closely tied in with both gross and fine motor skills.

I've noticed that especially in times of sensory overload (even just recent, not necessarily right at that moment) and I lose motor skills and balance. Noticeably. Start bumping into everything, dropping things. Bruises all over my arms and legs that I notice later and say huh, when did that happen.

I've been saying for years that some days I can draw, some days I can't. Some days I can hold the pencil steady and make it do what I want; some days I can't draw a straight line to save my life.

Now I understand why.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 6:28 am

proprioception... the way our bodies sense where we are in time and space. It is almost always "off" in those who are autistic. The psychologist who gave me my diagnosis at 68 remarked that in his 40+ years of experience with autism he had never met an autistic individual who did not have some sort of struggles with proprioception. I have been awkward and clumsy all my life. Finally I understand "why".

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 7:12 am

Frequently spilling, dropping, bumping into and fumbling things, stubbing my toes and bumping my shins. :roll:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 1:58 pm

In this age where everything is so insanely PC, you've got to love that people still use phrases like "two left feet" when it is so deeply offensive to us left-handed folk. And for years, left-handed people have been unfairly accused of being klutzy, and much worse things.

In spite of my handedness, or perhaps of it, I've always been decent at drawing and even handwriting, even though pens and pencils that smear easily are the bane of my existence. But as a kid, I had all kinds of problems doing stuff like skipping rope, catching a ball, playing hopscotch, and especially riding a two-wheeled bike. The one physical activity I was any good at was swimming and I loved it.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 1:03 am

My housemate asked me why I didn't watch where I put my feet after I tripped on a power cord in her room. I told her, feet? I'm just a floating pair of eyeballs, there are no feet. She laughed.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 12:18 am

I’m clumsy, I have Cerebral Pasly, that makes people clumsy too. I can drop stuff like my vitamins, I can drop my water or coffee. I can bump into things, I use a wheelchair & a walker, I can bump into the kitchen cabinet with my wheelchair, I can bump into the wall too with my walker, I can hit my head a little bit on the wall or the door.