I wish people would keep chatting to me or reply.

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 7:23 am

I'm having a lot of bad luck on here.
Other people who have interests/hobbies in common who I message either ignore them.
Or after messaging me in return,they ignore future messages.

I'm being nothing but very polite and friendly.
But seems I can't even make friends on here.

Why do I bother anymore with online.

It's bad enough that I have almost no friends in real life. One person who is also on the spectrum who I used to see much more till he moved away.
I maybe see him a few times a year now.
I have no other friends,no social life,I'm extremely lonely and it's making me depressed.

It would be great if anyone with things in common with me would chat to me. Messages welcome.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 8:06 am

Can't remember what your hobbies were. Mine are anything to do with trains and railways, and bicycles, trikes etc, and I like cars!

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 8:29 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Can't remember what your hobbies were. Mine are anything to do with trains and railways, and bicycles, trikes etc, and I like cars!

Music,gaming,horror films,trains,lifts,bouncy castles and inflatables,nature,cats,photography,exploring places,electrics and electronics,audio,speakers,alternative/emo/goth culture,Sonic.

Thanks so much for replying to me!

It's great you also like trains.
What kind of trains you like?
I'm mostly into the older electric and diesel trains such as the slamdoors,thumpers,class 319,class 455,and others I can't think of. I sometimes like steam trains too!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 9:50 am

These days I specialize in model trains in 0-16.5 (Also known as 0e or 0n30 depending on where one is in the world).

My favourite real life trains... After working them it has to be the class 143 every time! So many memories! I worked other classes such as 142's, 150's (Both types), 153's, 158's, 175's and also engine and coaches with a class 50 with air conditioned Mk2's. (Not that the airconditioning worked! :D ).
Steam trains... I love pannier tanks! :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 9:55 am

Sorry for delay in last reply. I can lose track of time as was also writing on a model railway site.

You said you like exploring places! I LOVE exploring with outings in the car through rural Wales.
. I live in Wales. I found some lovely places! Remote hidden places with past industrial remains... :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 9:57 am

Are you on Asphalt 9 Legends on the Nintendo Switch?

Going back into model railways. Before I switched to 0-16.5 (7mm scale narrow gauge which uses 00 track), I was into 00 gauge B.R. blue era. I made the change when the prices went up and I had no income. Are you into model railways?

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 11:07 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Are you on Asphalt 9 Legends on the Nintendo Switch?

Going back into model railways. Before I switched to 0-16.5 (7mm scale narrow gauge which uses 00 track), I was into 00 gauge B.R. blue era. I made the change when the prices went up and I had no income. Are you into model railways?

Nope. PS5,PS4 and PS3 are the only gaming platforms I use.

Model railways I used to like. I had a Hornby Intercity train and custom made track layout when I was a kid.

I have many train dvds,blu rays,books from Videoscene.
And Train Sim World 1,2,3 games.

Last edited by yurguardianangel on 19 Jan 2024, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 11:17 am

My train dvds/blu ray.

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 11:19 am

I have less train books than I thought.

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 11:23 am

I also forgot to mention I love Gerry Anderson things!
Especially: Thunderbirds,Captain Scarlet,Stingray,Joe 90,The Secret Service,Fireball XL5,Supercar,Four Feather Falls,UFO,Space 1999.
I have all of them on dvd/blu ray,books,toys etc.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 12:01 pm

Nice!

I can give you a link of some of the things I build?

https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... hp?t=52212

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 12:13 pm

yurguardianangel wrote:

I have less train books than I thought.

I have never been on the Underground. Cities I avoid. Underground is fascinating though... Abandoned stations!

Lifts... Uhmmm. I avoid lifts! Have been stuck in three lifts when in my early 20's so since then I use the stairs unless I have no choice.. Like the mechanics of lifts...

Shall I look if I have spare train books?

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 12:19 pm

I was born in London till 2017 I moved to Worcester UK.
So I used to go on the London Underground tube trains a lot.

Yeah,I'd love to see if you have any train books.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 1:06 pm

When I have a sort I can see what I have got.

Where I live, my nearest little town has four different railways meeting. Three of them operate narrow gauge steam locomotives. The other railway is the Cambrian Coast standard gauge which these days has 158's.
The atmosphere is unusual in that I have become used to hearing steam locos running back and fore with their whistles and steam llco sounds, but when I hear a diesel horn my ears stand up and I look to see what it is! It is funny because most people who live in other places tend to be the opposite as for them a steam locomotive is rare!

I love all types... But it is weird that I have grown to think of steam locomotives as "Normal" everyday things! :D
I think I'm spoilt! :D

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 12:56 pm

When I was younger, my favorite rolling stock was American passenger cars from the era just before highway travel caused rail travel its devastating loss of popularity in the US, perhaps some time in the late 50s. In other words, the most advanced achievement in US passenger rail luxury ever. When I was a student, Amtrak was maintaining and refurbishing a great many of these that hadn't been scrapped. In California, I once drank in a bar car that I believe had originally been the lounge for the Super Chief. I planned quite a few holidays this way, traveling to parts of the US I'd otherwise never see, and could do so quite cheaply at the time.

Even today, any time I see a passenger train go by, I have to turn and look.

One time I was travelling by myself to meet my wife who was at my brother-in-law's. I got a ticket to Newark, NJ then rode something called the Newark City Subway which is a somewhat obscure passenger rail system, to Bloomfield, as I thought Bloomfield to be close to where my BIL lived. Although I was correct about that in general, it turned out to be much less convenient for him than I had expected, and I don't think I'll ever live that down. I didn't try to explain why it was so important to me to ride that train.

EDIT one reason I'd sort of like to live in NJ is because the northern part of the state has by far the densest network of passenger rail anywhere in North America.

The only story related to Europe is that there was an express train from East Berlin to Vienna called the Vindobona, and I wanted to see it arrive in Vienna when I was there, so I went to that station (it wasn't the station most Vienna-bound trains used) and was able to see it. The absolute apex of DDR passenger rail!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 2:32 pm

MaxE wrote:
When I was younger, my favorite rolling stock was American passenger cars from the era just before highway travel caused rail travel its devastating loss of popularity in the US, perhaps some time in the late 50s. In other words, the most advanced achievement in US passenger rail luxury ever. When I was a student, Amtrak was maintaining and refurbishing a great many of these that hadn't been scrapped. In California, I once drank in a bar car that I believe had originally been the lounge for the Super Chief. I planned quite a few holidays this way, traveling to parts of the US I'd otherwise never see, and could do so quite cheaply at the time.

!

We used to ride the Pullman trains in the early Sixties. Rode ..either the Chief , or the Super Chief, when I was I kid. One of the Santa Fe trains. "Santa Fe" all of the way" was the slogan on all the napkins in the restaurant We would ride the B+O from Washington to Chicago's Grand Central Station, and then catch the Santa Fe trains farther west to see the relatives.

He mispronounces "Santa Fe", but other than that...its great song about the last great era American passenger train travel.

https://youtu.be/tA6Gr28Hntg