Teacher allegedly caught on video lacing husband’s smoothie

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 5:29 pm

"... with poisonous plant."

People like this make me paranoid about letting other people make drinks for me. It's one of my fears of being around people I don't know especially, that they will be a crazy offering me a drink with who knows what in it. :lol:

"A teacher in Missouri has been arrested and charged with attempted murder after allegedly lacing her husband’s smoothie with a poisonous plant.

Police questioned and later arrested 37-year-old Sarah Scheffer on Wednesday, after they were contacted by her husband earlier this week, who reported he was suffering from an “unexplained illness”.

According to a probable cause document, seen by ABC, the victim described eight instances in which the defendant provided him with food or drink that had an “odd taste” which, shortly after ingesting he experienced “extreme fatigue, confusion, blurred vision, severe cottonmouth, and nausea.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/poison-smoothie-teacher-husband-missouri-b2481839.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 8:00 pm

Teaching her husband a lesson perhaps?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 9:40 pm

Whatever she was trying to do, it was illegal.

"After being read her Miranda rights, Ms Scheffer agreed to answer questions, during which time she admitted adding items – including Lily of The Valley – to her husband’s food with the knowledge that it could cause illness or death."

Knowingly giving someone something in their food or drink, without their consent, that could cause them to die could easily be construed as attempted murder.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 1:05 am

^Ya think?

Like...pulling a trigger and shooting bullets into them "might be interpreted as 'attempted murder'". :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 5:32 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
^Ya think?

Like...pulling a trigger and shooting bullets into them "might be interpreted as 'attempted murder'". :lol:

Haha.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 5:50 pm

My brother’s ex tried to poison him slowly with something. I forget what it was. He had a forensic hair analysis done, and she admitted it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 6:51 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My brother’s ex tried to poison him slowly with something. I forget what it was. He had a forensic hair analysis done, and she admitted it.

I am sorry to hear your brother was on the receiving end of that.

People can do scary things, as you will know well.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 6:56 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

8O

Both you and your siblings have had some...colorful..spouses...it sounds like...if you dont mind me sayin.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 7:15 pm

You could say that again. ^

He has two crazy ex-wives.

Actually, I'm not fond of his current partner either.