LOL update on the colleague that isn't the greatest w/ math

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 6:03 pm

I told him how long I think the job will realistically take and we'd end up getting our asses kicked every day for 3 weeks straight for $200/day per guy IF we can pull it off with only 3 guys.. he updated me with the variable rate offered being even lower, so if it took 21 days with 3 guys we'd only make $150/day each for 8-10 hours a day which is RIDICULOUSLY LOW for the job.

Anyways, he told me he's not taking the job because the general contractor told him that his coworker doesn't like him because he thinks they OVER paid him on the house we finished for them. Uuuuh, they UNDER paid by around $3000. I lost $1200 in labour on that job and so did my buddy. These clowns expect to pay 1990's piece rates for finishing with tons of repair work, earthquake anchor holes everywhere, high ceilings, custom work in the stairwells and all the trim etc which is batshit crazy.

The genera contractor had the gaul to ask him to supply labour to him to do this job.. he told him and his work partner to go f**k themselves; bunch of clown goofs. I'm glad he did it. They ripped him off on the house, insulted him, and then expect a massive favour ??? :? Beyond ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I told him to tell the GC to call me for a crew just so I can tell him off, too. :D

They'll end up getting whichever crew of illegal labour is available and then will have to accept whatever quality they turn out.

So, you you ever go shopping at the massive new Ardene's store in Guildford Town Centre and have a look at the walls and ceilings (walls will largely be covered, but the ceiling will be visible.) and wonder why it looks like dog s**t this is the reason.

Anyways, just thought the whole thing was pretty funny so felt like sharing the update. Also, maybe a lesson in here for people to decline work from people offering far too little money for it - especially if they're adding insult to financial injury. Since there's a 0% chance of ever working for them again, make sure to tell them off good, IMO. 8)

Now I don't have to worry about this big job conflicting with schedules for other upcoming jobs, either. Might have a double penthouse to finish - gotta follow up with that guy and see if it's gonna be a go and when. Some homeowners bought out the entire top floor of a condo building downtown and they're joining the 2 penthouses together with a $10M renovation budget so they can afford to pay a reasonable rate to have the walls and ceilings looking mint.