Tall women should not be so picky!

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:03 am

I was talking to this 5ft11 girl on the weekend at the bar. I told her she was attractive and she said to me “I prefer men who are taller than me so I can wear high heels.”

Do you agree with me that tall women should not be so picky since many guys well over 6ft might prefer short or women to taller ones.

As you all know I am about 5ft8.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:09 am

I wouldn’t say there’s a “should” about it. People can have whatever preferences they want for the most part. I personally think caring about something like that is kind of silly, but we’re all different.

Maybe you should try meeting women outside of bars.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:11 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I wouldn’t say there’s a “should” about it. People can have whatever preferences they want for the most part. I personally think caring about something like that is kind of silly, but we’re all different.

I thought tall women a lot of the time liked shorter men? Tall women I find alluring.

Last edited by Jamesy on 23 Jan 2024, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:13 am

I think it should be up to each person what height they want their partner to be.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:14 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think it should be up to each person what height they want their partner to be.

True but they could have a hard time finding that partner. A 5ft11 women might find that most 6ft4 men might have a preference for 5ft2 women.

Last edited by Jamesy on 23 Jan 2024, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:15 am

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

I thought tall women a lot of the time liked shorter men?

Yeah, they often do if they like the guy in general. Height isn’t that important. It is to some people. We’re all different.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:18 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

I thought tall women a lot of the time liked shorter men?

Yeah, they often do if they like the guy in general. Height isn’t that important. It is to some people. We’re all different.

My uncle is my height around 5ft8 and his wife (my aunt) is 6ft without heels. My parents were saying however she only saw my uncle as a meal ticket.

What is really odd though is there daughter only grew to 5ft1 :o

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:22 am

5’8 isn’t even short IMO.

I’ve liked guys who were shorter than me. I didn’t like them because they were shorter. They just happened to be shorter. I’ve liked guys who were taller than me. I didn’t like them because they were taller. They just happened to be taller.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:23 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
5’8 isn’t even short IMO.

I’ve liked guys who were shorter than me. I didn’t like them because they were shorter. They just happened to be shorter. I’ve liked guys who were taller than me. I didn’t like them because they were taller. They just happened to be taller.

Women like you do not grow on trees

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:26 am

I almost certainly have grown on trees. I spent a significant portion of my childhood up one tree or another.

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2024, 12:19 pm

I used to hit on taller women because I figured a 6-3 guy would have a better shot with them. I didn't. Sure enough I lost my V to a 5-0 girl and my wife is 5-4. Go figure.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2024, 1:02 pm

Jamesy wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

True but they could have a hard time finding that partner. A 5ft11 women might find that most 6ft4 men might have a preference for 5ft2 women.

If tall women have problem with finding taller partners over time they will get more realistic in their demands and settle for what they can get. This will come naturally without people telling them to be less picky. But from my experience of being a 6ft1 man I seriously doubt many 6ft4 men prefer 5ft2 women.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 1:14 pm

i'm not sure if my opinion is an outlier given my gayness but I'm 5'9/174cm and prefer partners at least at the same height as me; my girlfriend is 1 centimeter taller than me.

I'm pretty sure 5'9 is on the taller end but there's still plenty of attractive people taller than I.

In other words, there's always a bigger fish, but that doesn't mean big fish are the only fish you can eat

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 3:01 pm

Personally I'm 5'8, also gay, and height isn't a factor in who I find attractive. One time I went on a date with a woman I had met on an app. She turned out to be significantly shorter. 5ft to be exact. We were both quite surprised that day. I thought that she was attractive but that the vibe just wasn't there. So we became friends and we still chat fairly often. It wasn't to do with her height, we just weren't really feeling it.

I've been interested in women who were taller than me, the same height or shorter. Height just isn't a factor.

Some people have a preference for height. Others don't. That's about it really.

:shrug:

One of my friends is a 5'4 bisexual woman and she has been dating my other friend who is a 5'9 lesbian for about five or so years now.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jan 2024, 4:14 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I agree. The only issue I have is if they keep complaining about being single. Especially if they rant about how it's unfair they should be expected to settle since they did not get to chose their own height :tired: I have not observed this behaviour regarding a potential partners height but I've seen men & women do that about other aspects of physical attractiveness.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 4:54 pm

No such thing as a blanket statement to apply to anyone like that. She is an individual and can choose to be as picky as she wats to be about any criteria she chooses.

Maybe she's really truly that picky about height because she simply likes her partner to be taller than her. MAYBE she was just quick thinking and found a reason to politely dismiss you because she wasn't interested in you for any number of other reasons.