CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 12:25 am

Which original Wonka character are you?

Link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/weirdestperson ... ality-quiz

This is what I got:

Augustus Gloop
You're a big foodie and wont stop eating until you're satisfied.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 12:39 am

I barely remember the movie.
They were all pretty messed up, from what I remember.

Wasn't there a girl who was greedy and exploded?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 12:44 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

That was Violet.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 8:06 am

"Up the airy mountain,
Down the rushy glen,
We daren’t go a-hunting
For fear of little men."

I'll be the creepy tinker that hangs around outside the chocolate factory quoting obscure Scottish poetry and scaring the children.

Link didn't work for me.

silverlinings1069
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2024, 9:47 am

The link didnt work for me but I did a different quiz. Below is the link I used. What a fun thread!!

I got Willy Wonka!!
You’re creative and ambitious, much like Willy Wonka. You have a knack for turning your dreams into reality, and you’re not afraid to take risks to achieve your goals. You value innovation and creativity, and you’re always looking for ways to make the world a more interesting place. You’re a visionary, constantly dreaming up new ideas and finding unique ways to bring them to life. Your passion and drive are infectious, inspiring those around you to think outside the box and embrace their own creativity.

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/personality/quizshow.php?title=wonka-character-quiz&q=10

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 12:22 pm

There was a girl who had a rich daddy and demanded things. She was mistaken for a bad nut (or a bad egg in one of the movies) and sent down the shoot to the furnace- but was later rescued. Another girl liked gum, she turned into a giant blueberry. Maybe you were remembering the blueberry thing. No-one actually exploded. They all disobeyed the rules, even Charlie. I much preferred the first movie with Gene Wilder. I read the book before the either movie came out and really liked it. I also liked chocolate and we were poor growing up. Mom was a terrible cook and to save money all the leftovers went into “garbage soup” (my mom’s name for it). Owning your own chocolate factory and no longer having to go to school, and saving your family from poverty and becoming a beloved inventor/billionaire sounded good to me.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 5:58 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

That was Violet.

I never watched any of the movies, I only read the book, so this explanation is based off of the book. Violet was a girl who was always chewing gum, she had won a contest for chewing gum the longest, and at the factory she chewed a piece of experimental gum that would make you feel like you were eating an entire meal and even fill you up. The chewing gum "meal" was roast beef, tomato soup, and blueberry pie for desert. When Violet started tasting the pie she turned blue and swelled up until she was big and round like a giant blueberry, which was a side effect of the gum Willy Wonka and not yet worked out. If she had listened to Wonka and spat out the gum before it got to the dessert, she might not have transformed. She didn't die, but the Oompa Loompas rolled her away to have the blueberry juice squeezed out of her or something like that, and then they sang a song about how bad it is to be always chewing gum. Weird.

None of the kids were very pleasant except for Charlie Bucket, so Charlie is the only kid in the story I'd want to be compared to. Which is not very likely.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 6:02 pm

Thank you. I saw the movie once, about 45 years ago or whenever it came out. I didn't read the book. I remember Charlie being a nice kid and finding the ticket. Then that girl Violet expanding before she exploded. Something about chewing gum does come to mind. Then I know Gene Wilder was in it because there are memes of him today. I don't remember anything else other than the word "oompa loompa" (don't know what they were), and of course I know the lovely song.

I tried the link in the OP but it didn't work.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 6:06 pm

I found the link by google.

YAY I got Charlie!!

Some of the questions were weird though.
I don't know any of those candies, and only knew one of the songs.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 10:13 pm

Why is it that I always get a fat, German character every time I take a personality quiz? I'll never understand that.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 1:26 pm

I bet Schultz and Augustus would have both enjoyed a Chocolate Pizza if Hogan could only get LeBeau to make one. Maybe he could be cajoled into making a chocolate black forrest cake and some chocolate pettifor cakes by Newkirk and Mr. Wonka.

Mick Avory might show up with a rich Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding and a decadent Chocolate Eton Mess.

How about "Chocolate Sweet Pea Truffles"? LeBeau sets about using one of Wonka’s many kitchens to combine finely pureed sweet peas with melted dark chocolate. Forming small truffle balls, rolling them in cocoa powder and crushed nuts for texture, and refrigerates until set. The unexpected combination of sweet peas and chocolate creates a unique and intriguing flavor profile in these truffles.

Last edited by Fenn on 25 Jan 2024, 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 2:16 pm

She never actually exploded. Wonka only said she might if action was not taken (but action was taken):

Source:

https://movies.fandom.com/wiki/Willy_Wo ... Transcript

VIOLET: Help! Help!

(Wonka plays the pipe whistle.)

MR. BEAUREGARDE: We've got to let the air out of her, quick!

WONKA: There's no air in there.

MR. BEAUREGARDE: Hmm?

WONKA: That's juice.

MR. BEAUREGARDE: Juice?!?

WONKA: (to an Oompa Loompa) Would you roll the young lady down to the juicing room at once, please.

MR. BEAUREGARDE: What for?

WONKA: For squeezing. She has to be squeezed immediately before she explodes.

MR. BEAUREGARDE: Explodes?!?

WONKA: It's a fairly simple operation.

OOMPA LOOMPAS: OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DOO I'VE GOT ANOTHER PUZZLE FOR YOU (OO OO OO) OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADAH DEE IF YOU ARE WISE YOU'LL LISTEN TO ME

GUM CHEWING'S FINE WHEN IT'S ONCE IN A WHILE IT STOPS YOU FROM SMOKING AND BRIGHTENS YOUR SMILE BUT IT'S REPULSIVE, REVOLTING, AND WRONG CHEWING AND CHEWING ALL DAY LONG THE WAY THAT A COW DOES

OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DAH GIVEN GOOD MANNERS YOU WILL GO FAR YOU WILL LIVE IN HAPPINESS TOO LIKE THE OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DO

MR. BEAUREGARDE: I'll get even with you for this, Wonka, if it's the last thing I ever do! I got a blueberry for a daughter . . . (The Oompa Loompa leads him away.)

WONKA: Where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head? Shall we roll on? (An Oompa Loompa hands him his cane) Thank you. (to the group) Well, well, well . . . two naughty, nasty little children gone. Three good, sweet little children left. Hurry, please, long way to go yet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 10:03 pm

Fenn wrote:
I bet Schultz and Augustus would have both enjoyed a Chocolate Pizza if Hogan could only get LeBeau to make one. Maybe he could be cajoled into making a chocolate black forrest cake and some chocolate pettifor cakes by Newkirk and Mr. Wonka.

Mick Avory might show up with a rich Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding and a decadent Chocolate Eton Mess.

How about "Chocolate Sweet Pea Truffles"? LeBeau sets about using one of Wonka’s many kitchens to combine finely pureed sweet peas with melted dark chocolate. Forming small truffle balls, rolling them in cocoa powder and crushed nuts for texture, and refrigerates until set. The unexpected combination of sweet peas and chocolate creates a unique and intriguing flavor profile in these truffles.

That sounds really good.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jan 2024, 3:34 am

The quiz links do not work for me on my phone or desktop. The first says it cant find the page I'm lookimg for & the second says my session has expired.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2024, 4:56 am

Which Original Character From "Willy Wonka" Are You?
Charlie Bucket
Kindhearted and truthful, you treat others better than you treat
yourself and everyone wants be be you and/or around you.

:scratch: That can't be right.

Is this the correct link? https://www.buzzfeed.com/weirdestperson ... ality-quiz

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2024, 5:36 am

I got "The other grandfather who doesn't get out of bed, much less go to the chocolate factory."

Sounds about right.