Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 5:20 pm

Teachers seeking to ‘dismantle’ whiteness want to turn your kids into race activists
Adam B. Coleman is the author of “Black Victim to Black Victor” and founder of Wrong Speak Publishing

Quote:
Milwaukee Public Schools, among many other school districts throughout America, is putting into practice its anti-racist fundamental beliefs by striving to “de-center” and “dismantle” whiteness.

It circulated a 33-page memo, “Educational Community and District Climate,” throughout the district with the aim of addressing “discipline disproportionality” through the prism of anti-racism doctrine, Young America’s Foundation reports.

“Whiteness is everywhere around us. Educational practices have been rooted in Whiteness and coming from a lens of Whiteness for years. Educators should reflect on which elements of Whiteness they see in education, which they participate in, and which elements they can work to dismantle,” the memo stated.

Even more sinister, it warned, “Achieving equity may require an unequal distribution of resources and services in order to ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to a free and appropriate public education.”

The district explicitly warned staff against treating everyone equally and sneered at the concept of attempting to see others as individuals.

“We must understand that race plays a role throughout our society and education and ensure we are not finding ourselves in the mindset that ‘race is not real,’ ‘I don’t see race,’ or ‘I treat everyone equally.’”

And, of course, the memo recommended works by anti-racist hucksters Ibram X. Kendi and Robin DiAngelo, along with a video called “Whiteness: WTF?”

Anti-racist fundamentalists project their insecurities onto the rest of the world, and their negative feelings about other races get projected onto the rest of us.

Their doctrine encourages paternalism for the people they feel are inferior, like black people, and hails those who are true believers as the saviors of society.

While white people are theoretically the reason for all society’s problems, the doctrine goes, they are simultaneously the only ones who can reshape it since nonwhite people don’t have the power or privilege to do so; our devils are also our saints.

But it’s better understood that saying “whiteness” is no different from using the word “sin.”

“Whiteness is everywhere around us” can easily be translated to “Sin is everywhere around us,” strengthening their desire to exorcise it from every crevice of American society: especially from the minds of our children.

Allowing a “safe space” to discuss race is their version of a confession, where they get to admit their sins as recovering racists striving to redeem themselves — and they must say “Hail Kendi” 10 times to have their whiteness sins forgiven.

We may no longer have Bibles in public schools, but that religious void is being replaced with anti-racist scriptures, taking advantage of the most innocent and vulnerable people in our society: our children.

Our schools are being overrun by nontheistic religious fanatics who will not stop until they convert every child into a like-minded fundamentalist crusader ready to embrace activism to advance the interests of the elites.

They will look to wealthy high priests like Kendi and DiAngelo for rationality for their mistreatment and be re-educated to believe social masochism is pleasurable.

Anti-racism resembles the morality of a charlatan televangelist who pretends to heal the wounded by employing actors and passes around the collection plate five times.

America’s “educators” are no different from that silk-suited, fast-talking traveling preacher — they just have cheaper dry-cleaning bills.

I would not blame teachers but their bosses.

I would like to see stats about how many school districts are actually teaching this level of doctrinaire wokeness.

Where this does occur the comparison is apt.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2024, 4:38 pm

A lot depends on what exactly is meant by the term "whiteness," which to me seems like one of those slippery political words that could mean any number of different things, depending on who is using it. But see the Wikipedia article on Whiteness theory.

Be that as it may, I would say that the educational system is systemically racist, mainly as a consequence of the way public education is typically funded in most places here in the U.S.A., locally through local property taxes. Good public schools can be found only in school districts with high property values, thereby intensifying the desire of white homeowners to protect their property values, a desire which has been one of the main drivers of racial segregation here in the northeast U.S.A. at least, and results in most Black children getting a crappy education.

vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2024, 2:29 am

I don't have kids, so I can't really say first-hand how public schools work these days. During the Obama administration, I used to look at Right-wing conspiracy books for laughs and they would try to whip up panic over atheists and/or Muslims brainwashing American schoolchildren. (I'm an atheist.) Up until the last few years, I would have dismissed the idea presented in this thread as more of that.

However, I can say that on social media, I find so-called "anti-racist" culture indistinguishable from religious fundamentalism. The way they use terms like "privilege" is just like how religious fundamentalists use "sin." And just like religion, I want nothing to do with it.

I don't know how prevelant these ideas really are in public schools, (because every side in these debates seems to want to scare us), but if it's in there, I do think it's the same thing as trying to indoctrinate children into religion before they develop critical thinking skills.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 4:03 am

I am not sure Robin DiAngelo should be put in the same bracket as the others like Ibram X. Kendi who are more like black nationalists akin to the likes of Dr Umar Johnson.

The lack of nuance or intellectual rigor with those trying to claim anti-racists are fundamentalists is rather plain to see.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 6:02 am

Every theory or word, phrase or point of view can have positive, neutral, or nefarious connotations depending on context.

What has been widely alleged as in this opinion column and reported is the use of whiteness as a negative that white people need to get rid of. Specifically whiteness equates to racism and privilege. And that in my opinion is using racism to fight racism. I could point to the higher rates of crime among blacks and say it because of that it be a good idea to teach black kids to get rid of blackness because of systematic criminality. If I did that that it would to put it mildly would, not be good for me and deservedly so.

While context is important, indeed context is central to non hypocritical “anti-wokeness” what is apparent is the “systematic” deflection every time negative uses of a phrase or word is pointed out. “But But some people don’t mean it that way” is beyond tiresome at this point.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 8:59 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Specifically whiteness equates to racism and privilege. And that in my opinion is using racism to fight racism. .

The first step to de-program one's mind is to understand that "white" is a made up term that governments somehow still use as a guiding light for public policy. The simple thing is this. Whiteness as a concept was created to justify slavery and colonisation. This is even before you get into concepts like ethno-nationalism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 9:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
And that in my opinion is using racism to fight racism. I could point to the higher rates of crime among blacks and say it because of that it be a good idea to teach black kids to get rid of blackness because of systematic criminality. If I did that that it would to put it mildly would, not be good for me and deservedly so.

Sure, black people will gladly get rid of "blackness" the moment people of European origin stop parading themselves around as "White". Anyone knows that whiteness equates to historic and cruel racial supremacy.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 10:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
And that in my opinion is using racism to fight racism. I could point to the higher rates of crime among blacks and say it because of that it be a good idea to teach black kids to get rid of blackness because of systematic criminality. If I did that that it would to put it mildly would, not be good for me and deservedly so.

Sure, black people will gladly get rid of "blackness" the moment people of European origin stop parading themselves around as "White". Anyone knows that whiteness equates to historic and cruel racial supremacy.

That is a racist viewpoint as it equates negative characteristics to innate skin color. Neither black people, nor white people, nor anybody should feel the need to get rid of who they are, or how they were born. I'm not saying have pride in how you were born, but to try and get rid of who you innately are is doomed to lead to bad things.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 11:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
That is a racist viewpoint as it equates negative characteristics to innate skin color. Neither black people, nor white people, nor anybody should feel the need to get rid of who they are, or how they were born. I'm not saying have pride in how you were born, but to try and get rid of who you innately are is doomed to lead to bad things.

I thought the whole point of ending racism is start judging people on their character not their race? I keep hearing a lot of racist MAGAs making this claim.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 3:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I thought the whole point of ending racism is start judging people on their character not their race? I keep hearing a lot of racist MAGAs making this claim.

Describing or identifying what one is, is different than saying I am superior because of my innate physical characteristics, or my skin color automatically makes me a racist. It does not have to necessarily have to be about skin color. It would be ridiculous for me to tell you to get rid of your neurotypicality because of historical and current ableism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 4:08 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Describing or identifying what one is, is different than saying I am superior because of my innate physical characteristics, or my skin color automatically makes me a racist. It does not have to necessarily have to be about skin color. It would be ridiculous for me to tell you to get rid of your neurotypicality because of historical and current ableism.

Accepting differences exist is one thing. Treating somebody differently because they are a different race or NT/ND is discriminatory. For the last 400 years white straight males have been the harbingers of cruelty in this regard.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 4:31 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Accepting differences exist is one thing. Treating somebody differently because they are a different race or NT/ND is discriminatory. For the last 400 years white straight males have been the harbingers of cruelty in this regard.

Discrimination is often a human characteristic that is not inherent to white, straight, male, cisgender, or neurotypical people.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 4:02 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Discrimination is often a human characteristic that is not inherent to white, straight, male, cisgender, or neurotypical people.

At a psychological level acknowledgement that social heirarchy exists and how systemic heirarchy is maintained in organisations. There is a sneaky strategy to use quality/efficiency as justification to end affirmative action for example. Performance in a system that's rigged to favour the privileged does not equate to a level playing field.