Taylor Swift/Democratic Conspiracy to get Biden Elected?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 7:10 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
How much does the funeralxempire deprogramming reeducation camp cost?

It's free, but bring your own lunch. I do it purely for the love of kidnapping strangers. :heart:

No one ever remembers their lunch though... advance notice would really undermine opsec after all. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 7:11 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
But Trump has Kanye West, and Kid Rock to balance things out. Jeeze aint that enough for em?

It's telling that Trump has both of the worst rappers alive endorsing him.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 7:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Seems a bit of a stretch to say that celebrity endorsement is a conspiracy. To my mind it's just another cynical trick, taking advantage of the kind of voter who hasn't figured out that famous celebrities aren't normally experts on politics. But as cynical tricks go, it's not a new one. I disapprove of it on moral grounds, but compared to allowing Trump return to power, I'm prepared to let it go.

Well...its "heads I win. Tails you loose".

If every celeb in the media-verse endorsed Trump then they would be saying "LOOK...everyone who IS anyone loves Trump".

But since so many celebs dont like Trump then "its proof positive that its a vast conspiracy to destroy Trump".
=========

But Trump has Kanye West, and Kid Rock to balance things out. Jeeze aint that enough for em?

Ah, now I understand. The Trumpies had to say something to counter the fact that they're losing the celebrity endorsement contest, and a lame conspiracy theory came natural to them. I was wondering why anybody would seriously think the theory correct. They don't, it's just propaganda, to be swallowed whole and without thought by the Trumpies. Still, I guess it'll only work on the converted.

Hmm.....how popular is rap with Trumpies anyway? The Trumpies I know don't like rap at all, they like country and gospel. I must be reducing them to a cultural stereotype.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 11:53 pm

Who knows? Trump is popular away from cities in the countryside where folks like country.

But I can testify that young White folks in the country LOVE hit top 40 rap songs...having been a party dj for some years...years ago.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 1:18 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Who knows? Trump is popular away from cities in the countryside where folks like country.

But I can testify that young White folks in the country LOVE hit top 40 rap songs...having been a party dj for some years...years ago.

Come to think of it, I've heard that stuff belting out from passing cars in rural Arkansas. Maybe Biden could get them all arrested and then deny them voting rights on the grounds of having a criminal record? It would also make my life a little more peaceful.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2024, 4:22 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Come to think of it, I've heard that stuff belting out from passing cars in rural Arkansas. Maybe Biden could get them all arrested and then deny them voting rights on the grounds of having a criminal record? It would also make my life a little more peaceful.

Get Empty G or QMAGAnon to impeach them. That way you save yourself the hassle of needing criminal records, proof, logic, reality, or anything else.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 4:36 pm

If only freaks and losers are supposed to care what's true and any good allist is supposed to lick their finger, stick it in the air, and see which sentiment is socially popular or might be socially popular soon (ie. everything's a status-hacking game) and add where tribal knowledge is superior to truth - none of this should be all that surprising.

You remember that transition in first or second grade where all the other kids stopped talking other than as a form of manipulating or attacking others? This is what that looks like in adulthood (as well as workplace psychopathy). It doesn't and can't go away because to be anything otherwise is proof of inferiority, thus you have invincible and incorrigible stupidity.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2024, 8:59 pm

Meanwhile, there has been an actual "conspiracy" within the religious right to turn Evangelicals into Republican voters. Heck, many Evangelical churches have gotten so political now that the religion is more about the US and Republican views are "sincerely-held religious beliefs". The religion is turning into its own thing, pretty far removed from the Bible.

Now, go listen to a Taylor Swift album and tell me how many songs in it are telling you to vote for Biden. Go to a Taylor Swift concert and tell me about how political it is. To be fair, musicians and bands are allowed to be as political as they want. It's been this way since at least the middle ages. But pretty sure Taylor Swift isn't all of that political. The funny thing is that... Churches are explicitly not supposed to be political per the law, but Taylor Swift being political is perfectly fine, she's not a tax-exempt organization. Funny that. The right are the ones actually doing the wrong thing, but they're pointing at a pop artist? Jesus Christ.

The right has NO ROOM to speak on this at all. But as usual they do, anyway. The ideology of "If I do it, it's right. If you do it, it's wrong".

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 9:10 pm

Harmonie wrote:
Now, go listen to a Taylor Swift album and tell me how many songs in it are telling you to vote for Biden. Go to a Taylor Swift concert and tell me about how political it is.

Why, am I being punished? :(

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2024, 9:47 pm

Lol. Sorry. I actually don't know any of her songs. I've never listened to her. So IDK, she could be political, but the impression I'm getting is that her songs are standard pop songs about love and stuff.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 10:02 pm

Harmonie wrote:
Lol. Sorry. I actually don't know any of her songs. I've never listened to her. So IDK, she could be political, but the impression I'm getting is that her songs are standard pop songs about love and stuff.

I agree with your overall assessment, at least from what I've been exposed to; she's never going to be confused with Propagandhi in terms of political content.

Moving beyond lyrics, she's not exactly radical. She seems like a very middle-of-the-road person who just so happens to be aligned with a lot of so-called white feminist positions because those positions are fairly middle-of-the-road once men are excluded.

She's not a radical by any measure but Fox News wants us to think she's Kathleen Hanna but with mainstream appeal.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 4:01 pm

She is not Woody Guthrie, Dylan, Gil Scott Heron, or (to take a right wing example)Hank Williams Jr..

So doesnt do political or topical songs.

Liking Biden is rather middle of the road. Disliking Trump is very comptible with Conservatism. She expressed concern about global warming once...and Fox has never forgiven her.

One of her best known songs is about (more or less)turning the other cheek. That being "Shake it Off".

But in contrast she took a dark turn with the rather bizarre "Look What You Made Me Do" (a phrase abusers use) which has a rather vindictive theme...making it a GREAT theme song for the Trump campaign.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2024, 3:59 pm

It's hardly a surprise that the 'Biden is responsible for all the wars in the world and he personally orchestrated all of the court cases against Donald, and all Republicans (even if life-long members of the Republican party) who don't bend over for Trump (who changed parties about six times) are RINOs,' crowd, would over exaggerate about Swift. It's what they do. They never met a nerdy little conspiracy that they wouldn't pump full of steroids to create supersized jock conspiracy.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 9:14 am

https://news.yahoo.com/swift-warned-aga ... _test=0_00

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2024, 3:25 pm

Funny. Kanye, Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, Roseanne Barr, etc., are all free to praise Trump. They'll get on stage with him. Open for him. Screech for him.

Taylor Swift says she'll vote Biden, and the next thing you know, her life is in danger.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2024, 12:49 am

Well guess what. She did not come out with her boyfriend and endorse Biden. That conspiracy theory never made any sense. To have the most impact it should be done closer to the election.

A lot of experts pooh pooh the impact a Taylor Swift endorsement would have because usually celebrity endorsements have little impact. At this point in time she is the biggest
and most popular celebrity in my lifetime including the Beatles in their heyday. Beatlemania was a teen thing. Swift is popular among different generations.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman