Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 10:46 am

Thanks! I couldn't remember the exact title.

Thanks again also for starting that thread to help others.

Maybe information like that would even help Kitty.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 11:05 am

Yeah, there certainly are groomers, scammers, creeps, etc. to be wary of. While I think it can happen, legitimately falling in love with someone online is probably much more rare than being scammed or targeted by someone in some way.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 1:23 pm

I don't think you truly know a person until you meet face to face. You can love them and appreciate them, but you have no idea what they are like when they are not behind a computer or phone. Interacting IRL is vastly different than online.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 1:44 pm

I do all the time.

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2024, 6:15 pm

I've done it before. Once. I will say that it's very hard to do. I have a very hard time connecting with people online.

It's certainly not going to happen with random dudes popping up in my DMs wanting to date me, just sayin'.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 7:17 pm

I believe it’s possible … though it’s likely the “idealised version of the person” that you’re falling in love with.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 2:54 am

I’m asking cuz I been talking to a male friend, he also my ex-boyfriend, we met 5 years ago on a dating site. It’s easy to talk to him, I can have a hard time talking to my other NT friends, I feel comfortable with him.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Feb 2024, 8:28 am

I met all three of my girlfriends online & I fell in love with all of them before we met in person. We met on forums & talked alot about ouselves & life stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 3:14 am

nick007 wrote:
I met all three of my girlfriends online & I fell in love with all of them before we met in person. We met on forums & talked alot about ouselves & life stuff.

Did you video chat or use voice chat?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 3:26 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m asking cuz I been talking to a male friend, he also my ex-boyfriend, we met 5 years ago on a dating site. It’s easy to talk to him, I can have a hard time talking to my other NT friends, I feel comfortable with him.

Wasn't he married?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 6:20 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Did you video chat or use voice chat?
We talked on the phone a little & exchanged a few pix but no vid chat. In the case of my first gf, we were a couple before android & iphones existed so our cellphones could take pix but not vid chat. I suddently feel old. Me & my other two girlfriends didn't want to vid chat I guess because of us of being shy & having autism. It kinda seems odd to me that me & my second didn't considering how much we sexted. I never exchanged nude pix with any of them either thou. These days not vid chatting would be a catfish warnimg sign.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 6:24 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Can you really fall in love online?

It's hard to put in the sort of investment that it takes to fall in love online. I wouldn't say that it's impossible though. Love is just the byproduct of making an investment in somebody else's welfare.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2024, 4:38 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Wasn't he married?

no, that was my last crush years ago.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Feb 2024, 5:10 am

Last time I alowed myself to fall for the IMAGE someone created about himself, and it was adorable ( the whole visual identity of his FB profile, his choice of photos, music videos, movies he suggested to be watched, collected poems, stories, his thaughts on various subjects and finally, his looks) was ten years ago to only find out the guy was a narcissistic stalker who was studying my profile and things I like, so he intentionally presented him as my perfect soulmate. He has tried to get me in sub-domino bdsm world and mind games I am really not into. Once he realized the time he wasted to hook me on was wasted he started with imense bulling that I went completely off of FB and his radars, to finally get rid of him, I even went for half a year for emotional support for bullied women.

Eversince that I am much more precautious and don't really look for love online.

I totally agree you have to date someone in person, in real life, and spend a lot of time together to be able to see who do you really have in front of you and decide wheather to open up and give love a chance.

I hate being infatuated, for me it's kind of special sort of madness that makes me completely clumsy and stupid. Now I would rather first be friend with someone before I decide to go for something deeper.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2024, 6:09 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Yeah, there certainly are groomers, scammers, creeps, etc. to be wary of. While I think it can happen, legitimately falling in love with someone online is probably much more rare than being scammed or targeted by someone in some way.
This still happens sometimes when the couple know each other offline a while. The only guaranteed way to avoid this is to never get involved with anyone ever no matter how or where you may meet. Online dating is stereotyped to be potentially very risky but it does not mean that offline in person dating carties no risk but some people seem to belive otherwise. Everyone needs to be catious.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2024, 11:24 am

nick007 wrote:
Online dating is stereotyped to be potentially very risky but it does not mean that offline in person dating carties no risk but some people seem to belive otherwise.

I wasn’t meaning to imply that. I met my abusive ex offline.