"Kill that b***h! Kill it!"

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 9:50 pm

Today, when I was walking past a grocery store (which I have done numerous times before), some dude that appeared homeless, had the nerve to throw something on the ground right in front of me. (His motions made it look like he was punching me, so I panicked, as usual.) "Kill that b***h! Kill it!", he had the nerve to bark @ me.

As usual, I just ignored him and walked away.

Precious lil "people" get away with way too much s**t.

"Pick your battles" is good advice, but some precious lil "people" pick all the battles.

Also, I felt like I was a coward, as usual, for failing to stand up to him.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 10:01 pm

Courage chooses its battles, and recognizes when a battle is not obligatory.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 11:13 pm

Late friend told me long ago.....best way to come out on top of a fight / physical or otherwise, "Is to just not be there "

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 11:15 pm

the fella ain't worth getting one's hands dirty about.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 12:28 am

Sweet Pea hugs

That character isn't worth your time.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 12:31 pm

That's so scary! I think you did the right thing by escaping, he might have had attacked you otherwise. People are so scary..

Charlemania
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Feb 2024, 1:09 pm

Quote:
Kill that b***h! Kill it!", he had the nerve to bark @ me.

Hey sfbum,

Many homeless people suffer from mental heath issues. This guy seems like one of them.

I'm sorry you had this alarming experience, but I'm glad you didn't attack him.

There is no reason to think his behavior had anything personal in it; he doesn't know you.

He is just a suffering person whose problems make him act out in alarming ways.

If he had gone as far as actually physically contacting you, it would be totally appropriate to defend yourself.

As it is, although you shouldn't have had to feel threatened, I'm glad you just walked away.

You did the right thing.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 12:33 pm

If you have time ..in your life ... and your up to it ..and possibly help develop self confidence , ( not that you need it )
judging by your posts ? 8) .Might take a few introductory lessons ( classes) in Judo . . . for fun .. In " Judo " there is no physically striking a person :mrgreen: . Akido ,is another activity( martial art) available,slightly similiar to Judo. Personally I prefer Judo,was easier to learn for me. And possibly ,quicker to be proficient .
but merely using another person momentum ,and weight of their body in motion to deflect a blow , disarm a person or throw them .. as in a flip like motion, using their own momentum for the energy to toss ( throw) them . And it is a good way to keep yourself alittle limber , when practicing it . And could be part of tournament , if you become alittle proficient . And some people like it as a hobby.
It is primarily a close quarters fighting skill . Not that you want to engage in fighting .? or that I might advocate fighting. ...And the warm up exercises
are almost fun , when you begin in that sport.... Am not sure if this would be helpful to you . But just thought it might
be handy . After a month maybe 2 .. of , say like a hour in the evening a few times aweek . Most likely , you might be able to make the moves automatic . as a Just in Case . thing . No serious physical fitness involved .
Just a FYI... :shrug:

where ever you go ,there you are