Looking for an autistic mentor

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

xxautisticfoolxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2024, 4:54 am

Life is just a series of complicated unsolvable problems for me. Most of the problems are due to autism. I am already an adult and in real life I have no friends, no one to guide me or help me. I was wondering if I could find some people here who would be interested in helping me with advice or being some kind of mentor to me. I am poor and I can't offer any money or anything in exchange but I will pray for you from my heart :cry: . If anyone is interested, mail me. Mail is [email protected]. Thanks

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 5:58 am

Whereabouts are you?

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

xxautisticfoolxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2024, 2:27 pm

Rossall wrote:
Whereabouts are you?

I am from a third world country called Bangladesh, its the s**thole of this planet

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 8:41 am

if you have general autism questions, many in this group can help, and you are safe to ask questions, most of us have lived experience and can offer insights and suggestions. we do understand! Not knowing the culture or what services may be available to you could be a disadvantage , but most folks here are kind and willing to try to help.
learning as much as you can about the nature of your own autistic skills and struggles can help you find ways to "work around" problems and use your strengths to best advantage. This old lady is Cheering you on.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2024, 2:56 pm

autisticelders wrote:
if you have general autism questions, many in this group can help, and you are safe to ask questions, most of us have lived experience and can offer insights and suggestions. we do understand! Not knowing the culture or what services may be available to you could be a disadvantage , but most folks here are kind and willing to try to help.
learning as much as you can about the nature of your own autistic skills and struggles can help you find ways to "work around" problems and use your strengths to best advantage. This old lady is Cheering you on.

Yes, no matter how far behind that part of the world is, every part of the world was at that point at some point. That definitely is cold comfort, but some things are universal in terms of needing to get our needs me, even if the actual method varies a lot.