Confronting people and thus losing them as friends

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2024, 7:49 am

Esme wrote:
"As soon as I realize a friend tries to manipulate me, lie to me, makes subtle or obvious insults, makes fun of me and my choices, belittles me..." - Those aren't friends.

Friends, acquaintances, new people we was believing to be worth of trying to get close to. I agree, in the end they are not really your friends. But some people are untouchable, they don't care for nor take personally things like that, they don't even give up from such people. Simply they know where to put them on their own friendships value scale, they manage somehow to tolerate them for good things they are capable of and know that they should't expect too much from them. I think they are very lucky to be like that.

Stormyweathers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2024, 2:25 am

Being right is never enough. You also have to be persuasive, powerful, or sometimes both.

Most people don't realize what lies underneath their social choices. If you are Christian or take wisdom regardless of source, the operative phrase here is "They know not what they do ..." and they won't thank you for pointing it out.

If you try to prove it to them, there is a good chance you are right, and a better chance you will provoke cognitive dissonance whether you are right or not.

People don't like it when you point out their warts, and then they don't want to be around you. The more undeniably right you are, the more likely that is to happen.

My advice is take people for what they are or don't. They will tend to do the same to you.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2024, 8:44 am

Stormyweathers wrote:
Being right is never enough. You also have to be persuasive, powerful, or sometimes both.

Most people don't realize what lies underneath their social choices. If you are Christian or take wisdom regardless of source, the operative phrase here is "They know not what they do ..." and they won't thank you for pointing it out.

If you try to prove it to them, there is a good chance you are right, and a better chance you will provoke cognitive dissonance whether you are right or not.

People don't like it when you point out their warts, and then they don't want to be around you. The more undeniably right you are, the more likely that is to happen.

My advice is take people for what they are or don't. They will tend to do the same to you.

Lately I am doing my best to accept people the way they are and not to overreact if they try to hurt me in any way, at least not to show it, at least not right away. It is really a challenge for me to try to give them a place in my life, no matter how big or small, how more or less important. I can not only tolerate psychopaths, they drain energy which I don't have much. But luckily there are not many of them.

And thank you, you gave me very good advice and you are right about everything you said here. Definitely, you can't change the people, most likely you can't change neither the way they treat you, but you can change how you react to it. Or you can just step away or leave in case relationships become unbearable.

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2024, 12:35 am

When was the official spelling of lose changed to loose (IE loose fitting pants)? Can someone please tell me? I am confused as to how to spell it.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2024, 3:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: , oh, ha, ha, I see it now :lol: :lol: ! !

What can I say, it became "official" the day I published this post :D , it happens when English is not your first language.

I'll leave it like that so people can laugh, laugh is good for the heart.

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2024, 6:46 am

I'm just so tired of it being the norm literally everywhere! Even in some official publications.

The standard spelling will be obsolete soon.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Feb 2024, 7:24 am

Than I think you will have to put me in a grammar prison if there is the one on this forum. Not that I just make spelling mistakes, I make grammar mistakes, build sentences in a wrong way, my vocabulary is poor.

But feel free to correct me any time you want. I would correct "loosing" in the title of this topic, but I don't know how.

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2024, 5:55 am

Eye personality think you're grammar is knot that app paul ling compared to some especially when you type long paragraphs and get perplext as to how to inputt sometHing due to condItions that you cannot ignore and hence they intra ferior your Daily so-called life Eye shore and Distracty a sEwiNg Much that yEr maSSege just turds into Amiss/mess you can like this exemple of shipmanwork better ahem me meant workshipman whateva better if you Get mEh

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2024, 11:45 am

Eye thin K eye gott ioyr poInT. Okheyy!?! !?!

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2024, 10:06 pm

Jew ally and jeu Leigh no (undies) ted(s).

Due to the fact I've read a few of Paul Jennings' books, perhaps I should add something without a shirt.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2024, 3:33 am

TT1660 wrote:
Jew ally and jeu Leigh no (undies) ted(s).

Due to the fact I've read a few of Paul Jennings' books, perhaps I should add something without a shirt.

What about Jillie and Jelly?

Rainbow color roses grow well in a soil pooped by unicors. And things like that.

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2024, 6:04 am

I can only think of one other fella who actually has a clue what that banter means re teds.

I can't call them undies jelly because it would be too inappropriate in this forum. Same with Jilly. A female nick for them just doesn't suit.

Most probable result: You will get bored beyond belief, or you will just stop replying to this trash I send. Plausible outcome: You live with happiness.

I had no intention to eb evitnevni ni siht daerht ta .lla

I have managed to keep taht sutats ouq lautun (not a word*). There's no room for small talk in this thread though.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Mar 2024, 7:38 am

Em rehtien! Uoy niw! Eyb!

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2024, 8:25 am

s'tahT a yrev nommoc noitresni otni tahw si esloc ot %001 fo ym !snoitcaretni

No joke. tA tsael uoy dah eht ysetruoc ot yas eyb I sseug.

ouY evah etiuq na gnitseretni esnes fo ruomuh.

.thgin ta etal siht tsael ta rO !epyt ot gnidnamed ylevitingoc ydoolb os si sihT

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Mar 2024, 10:21 am

AH AH AH AH :lol: :lol: :lol: ! ! gnidnamed si ti teb uoY.

ti ekil I tuB.

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2024, 5:34 am

i tsuj hsiw sklof dluoc lleps gnisol .lytkerrok

Wasn't erus rehtehw ot ecalp a rewol esac i ro ton, eud ot eht laugnil seilamona ni siht .ecnetnes

tI tn'si laniotnevnoc ll'I .timda

.hguoht evila niarb eht speeK