Does anyone else "dissect" certain foods?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 10:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
PS.
I'm curious. What was wrong with Harvey's?

Something about the texture of the meat. I'm exaggerating when I say I'd never eat it, but something about the texture is always off to me. I ate it at the zoo about 15 years ago and it wasn't terrible, but I was definitely forcing myself to ignore that texture issue.

I've encountered some frozen burgers with the same texture.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 10:02 pm

But their poutine! :heart:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 10:03 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My son gets Big Macs without pickles but then they make us park in that stupid waiting area.
I hate that, so I'd rather just eat them on their own.

This makes sense. I never go through the drive-thru so I'm already parked no matter what. If I was going through the drive-thru I'd probably be frustrated by the park and wait aspect.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 10:04 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
But their poutine! :heart:

It's really just their burgers I don't like. The poutine is good and I seem to recall getting their milkshakes a few times before covid.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 10:06 pm

I despise the park and wait. They always hand you your drinks with no straws, and then when they bring the bag they've forgotten the Sweet n Sour sauce for my daughter's nuggets. We usually have to go through the drive-thru again to get whatever they forgot.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 10:11 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I despise the park and wait. They always hand you your drinks with no straws, and then when they bring the bag they've forgotten the Sweet n Sour sauce for my daughter's nuggets. We usually have to go through the drive-thru again to get whatever they forgot.

Ugh. If you have to come back, that kinda defeats the advantages of the drive-thru in the first place. :roll:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 10:13 pm

The worst is McDonald's on Uber Eats. The orders arrive wrong about 98% of the time. I don't know why because it's not like Uber Eats packs the bags.