Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 3:12 am

I need a social worker, I really need someone to help me. I'm getting help from my sister & my dad, but they DON'T KNOW what I REALLY NEED. I Have ALOT of health problems, I have Psoriatic Arthritis, I have bone pain in my ankle, I have ALOT of bone pain, cuz of Psoriatic Arthritis. My dad emailed me tonight saying that the owner want to evict me maybe soon, I don’t know, I didn’t understand the email, my head was spinning, it was tooooo much to read. I understand that my sister working with a social worker, she don’t know stuff about me. With my bone pain in my ankle & having to use a wheelchair & a walker, I am more disabled. And with my breathing problems & very bad anxiety, my sister & my dad probably will be me in the hospital. I feel soooo alone, scared, wanting to die & my heart is racing.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2024, 12:11 pm

Our situations are not the same but i can relate I am extremely overwhelmed with anxiety rn.
No one helps and i feel extremely angry. I wish we could have some help in our lives. In my country there is zero help for autistic people, let alone people like us who can talk and can somehow function in society. I heard the US is a lot better in this respect though not all states maybe.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2024, 12:28 pm

Where do you live? Is there a mental health clinic where you can apply for a social worker?

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2024, 6:28 pm

colliegrace wrote:
Where do you live? Is there a mental health clinic where you can apply for a social worker?

California. I don’t know about the mental health clinic. I also have Learning Disability that makes everything 1000 times worse for me.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2024, 7:32 pm

Unfortunately and especially if we have health problems that make us disabled in any way or amount we are proned to get in this kind of life situations that look like they have no exit, that you are stucked and you start suffocating.

I think you first need to find the way to calm down. When I am anxious like that I do the breathing exercises in this way - first you need to get some fresh air, than breath in for 4 seconds, than hold your breath for another 4 seconds, than breath out, again for 4 seconds and than again hold your breath for 4 seconds. Repeat this at least 10 times.

From your post I didn't understand how much you can rely on your father and your sister, would they give you a shelter in case you get evicted, nor did I get if you are maybe retired or have any income. I guess when you said you feel so lonely that you don't expect too much help from your family but maybe they really don't know how upset you are. Talk to them and tell them all of your concearns,

I don't know how it is in USA, are you affraid that you will end up in some kind of state's social institution. If yes you must look for one that is proved to be ethical. Do you have a local church who's members are maybe going to help you? Call them, too. And also call some local associations for people with disabilities and autism. When you are in situation like that you must not hesitate to ask people for help. It is only important that you stay calm and not acting out of panic.

Hope you get help and get through this the best possible way for you.

P.s. If you don't have income and feel that you can't work because of your health you must apply for dissability retirement. Study your dissability laws and look for all kind of financial and other kind of help that you are entitled to. There may be more than you know and expect.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2024, 11:48 pm

Another thing came to my mind, your pain could be both from psoriatic arthritis and from anxiety. I have Sjogren's syndrome, those autoimmune diseases can attack both central and perifer nervous system. Do you have a therapy for your anxiety? Sometimes anxiolitics can better help with pain than painkillers. Also nutrition, but it helps in longer term, if you are in terrible pain right now you definitely need to go to rheumatologist, psychiatrist and neurologist that can prescribe you another medicine to treat your pain. Try to make your doctors work together to help you both with anxiety and pain.

Start solving problems one by one, but let your family know that you don't want to be in the hospital.