Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2024, 7:51 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Thank you for your help. ^ I'm sure I could pay her a visit but tbh I don't even know where her office is. We always meet on Zoom. Of course I could find the address on her Invoice, but I've never been there in person and it would be really awkward to just show up when I don't even know her working hours. She actually works at three different offices even though I used to just connect with her through one of them, prior to her working from home.

Given my own refusal to make a phone call I suppose all I can do is send a text or yet another email. That's the chance I'll have to take. This is so unlike her, I almost wonder if some kind of emergency is keeping her out of contact.

You are welcome. It's really so complicated with her, if you don't even know where to look for her, which office to go. It also came to my mind that some emergency may keep her to even answer you, but I also understood that it is urgent for you to get the receipt.

You have three options: to send another email, which she may not answer again. Than to call her, but would she really listen ( however you may try) and finally to be persistant to find her in her office and to come in person, and like another member said if she's not there you can talk to her representative.

Wish you a luck, you gonna need it!

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 9:58 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hey rse - I have a question for you on another matter.

Do you know how sliding scale pricing works for professionals?

If you give someone a big discount on a sliding scale, do you as the service provider lose money out of pocket or is it reimbursed to you somehow through the government or some other kind of thing?

With most professions (legal, accounting, consulting) that bill hourly, offering discounts means you will make less profit than you will at regular rates, not lose money.

There are rare occasions where we do loss leader work for very good clients, and we also require at least 50 hours of pro bono work each year per lawyer.

I could but won't go on a rant about the trying to get paid for legal work by a state or federal government entity. Root canal is more pleasant.

In the medical arts world, I think it works like this: your provider bills $225 for a procedure. He or she collects from you the insurance company copay of $25. The provider submits the remaining $200 invoice to the insurer. The insurer says you'll get $100 and you'll like it. Your provider's real number is $125, and the provider knows that going in.

Having to pay $X and then submitting it to your insurance company is a big suck.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 7:28 pm

UPDATE!

I just got the receipt by email ! ! 8O
I don't know whether to be happy or shake my head in disgust.

PS - Thanks rse for the info.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 8:06 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
UPDATE!

I just got the receipt by email ! ! 8O
I don't know whether to be happy or shake my head in disgust.

PS - Thanks rse for the info.

I'll bet that is a relief for you. :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 12:18 pm

There's very little worse than having to chase people up for things.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 1:49 pm

babybird wrote:
There's very little worse than having to chase people up for things.

Agreed. It feels like a chore.