Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 6:47 am

Did anyone else enjoy watching that short lived tv show Johnny quest in the late 90s?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 6:47 am

I have never heard of it,

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:49 pm

Yes. I watched it when I was in grade school. kinda liked it.

An animated adventure show for kids in the Sixties. The title character was a 12 year old blond blue eyed son of scientist guy, or something. They had adventures. Usually involving science and tech and high tech of the time.

They even had a nod to diversity (in a dumb Sixties kinda way). Johnny's best buddy was Hajeed a brown skinned South Asian boy his own age who shared in the adventures. Trouble is Hajeed wore a Hindu type turban...but his name was "Hajeed" which is an honorific given only to individuals who have taken the Hajj (the pilgrimage to Mecca)...so the American creators kinda botched it by making him belong to two mutually hostile religions (Hinduism and Islam)at the same time. But its the thought that counts. :D

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 3:05 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Yes. I watched it when I was in grade school. kinda liked it.

An animated adventure show for kids in the Sixties. The title character was a 12 year old blond blue eyed son of scientist guy, or something. They had adventures. Usually involving science and tech and high tech of the time.

They even had a nod to diversity (in a dumb Sixties kinda way). Johnny's best buddy was Hajeed a brown skinned South Asian boy his own age who shared in the adventures. Trouble is Hajeed wore a Hindu type turban...but his name was "Hajeed" which is an honorific given only to individuals who have taken the Hajj (the pilgrimage to Mecca)...so the American creators kinda botched it by making him belong to two mutually hostile religions (Hinduism and Islam)at the same time. But its the thought that counts. :D

I think 90s Johnny quest influenced the matrix

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 8:14 pm

Watched the original and liked it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 5:16 pm

I don't think I've ever heard of the 90's Johnny Quest, but I definitely grew up with the original. I also love the more recent parody inspired by Johnny quest, The Venture Brothers.