I’m Sooo Scared, I Really Need My Friends

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 5:18 pm

I have to move out by the end of the month. I had money in a trust fund but I have no money now, my sister was paying my rent & bills, she cannot pay anymore. My rent is $1,861 for 1 bedroom. I have a short time to move out. I have sooo much stress, anxiety, panic attacks, sooo overwhelmed & crying My sister is finding me place to live, I keep getting acid reflux too. I need more boxes. I really cannot to things by myself. I also have Psoriatic Arthritis, that affects the bones soooo bad, I always have body pain. I’m scared, I feel all alone. I want to die.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 12:14 pm

I wish you could get the help you need. I know i would be a mess dealing with all this with no help.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 12:25 pm

I hope my post will make you feel better.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 12:36 pm

I know this might not mean much but I think you're being really brave.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 1:40 pm

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

I'm glad that your sister is finding you a place to live.

Can you use garbage bags to carry some things if you don't have enough boxes?

Best wishes to you.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 1:44 pm

I hope your sister finds you a suitable place to live.

Nearly $2,000 a month sounds a lot for a 1 bedroom, but I suppose you do live in California which is known to be expensive...

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 6:07 pm

AprilR wrote:
I wish you could get the help you need. I know i would be a mess dealing with all this with no help.

Thank you April, you are a good friend :heart: I have my sister helping, my cousin & my aunt, but they don’t understand Autism.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 6:34 pm

Moving is extremely hard and stressful. Last time I moved (2022) it was hell from start to end, and I was sure it would never end. The good news is that you have family to help you. They know you have mobility issues and I'm sure they'll do most of the physical work for you. It's also nice that your sister is helping to find somewhere a little cheaper for you. In the meantime let them know how much you need their help, and how much you appreciate everything they do. This will be over in no time and I look forward to your updates on the new digs.

How is your kitty doing?

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 8:01 pm

Sorry you’re under so much stress with having to move. Hoping you get the help you need with packing, cleaning etc & that you’ll be able to settle into a new place & feel safe & secure there. We’re all behind you & hope you know you are very cared about. It’s a huge upheaval moving, and once your sister finds you a new place, hopefully once you see it, you might feel a bit better about starting a new chapter there. Accepting change when we don’t want that change, can be so hard. But, hopefully once you’re settled in, you’ll feel calmer & more secure. Go gentle on yourself, you clearly will need help with packing etc. Your sister will hopefully reassure you about everything as best she can. xx

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 9:18 pm

bee33 wrote:
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

I'm glad that your sister is finding you a place to live.

Can you use garbage bags to carry some things if you don't have enough boxes?

Best wishes to you.

I put alot of my clothes, towels & stuff in garbage bags. I ordered some stuff that I need, so I have some new boxes, my neighbors gave me some boxes :D :heart:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 9:28 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

Nearly $2,000 a month sounds a lot for a 1 bedroom, but I suppose you do live in California which is known to be expensive...

Yes, people here are very greedy. I wish I can live somewhere else that is less expensive, I wish I can live with April or Juliette from here, but I know it won’t happen. I also wish my other friend was here to help, but he lives in France.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 11:39 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this and really hope that the next few weeks go as smoothly as possible.

Do you have flexibility on where you live or do you need to remain in that area due to proximity to your family, doctors, etc.? Given the difficult situation you're in and how time sensitive it is, just wondering if looking in a less expensive area could help a little.

Kitty4670 wrote:
I put alot of my clothes, towels & stuff in garbage bags. I ordered some stuff that I need, so I have some new boxes, my neighbors gave me some boxes :D :heart:

Not sure if this is helpful, but the last few times I have moved, I have used kitchen towels and other linens to wrap and cushion the fragile items, like dishes or picture frames. Then you don't have worry about purchasing bubble wrap or finding old newspapers and also don't need extra boxes for the linens.

I also like to buy a pack of Sharpie pens in different colors and color code boxes for each room when labelling them for where they should go. I also label where the furniture should go with color coded tags, since I live alone too and don't want to be stuck figuring out how to rearrange heavy items by myself after they've left. Beyond courtesy, little things like that can make it more simple for the movers are good if you are paying by the hour.

Also, I would recommend packing essential items you will need separately in an overnight bag or suitcase. Medication, toiletries, pajamas and clothes for the next day, a pillow, etc. A shower curtain and hooks if you'll want to shower that evening. After a day of moving, the last thing I feel like doing is hunting around in boxes to look for stuff before being able to go to bed.

Another thing that can help make the process a little less overwhelming going online and finding a good moving checklist that breaks down what to do step by step. It can help avoid forgetting something at the last minute. I usually print one of those and put it in a binder along with other important documents, like the receipt and contact info for the movers, utility accounts that need to be shut off at the old place or turned at the new one, copy of the new lease, cash for tipping the movers, etc. I then keep that binder with me the day of the move. Just helps with staying organized/reducing stress.

Not sure if any of that is helpful. Maybe others have moving or packing tips also.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 7:26 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
AprilR wrote:

Thank you April, you are a good friend :heart: I have my sister helping, my cousin & my aunt, but they don’t understand Autism.

Thank you too for saying this. I wish i could help more. It is hard when you have to constantly explain yourself to others.

VictorOfAveyron
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Feb 2024, 8:33 am

My suggestions are: Whichever problem you are stuck at, whatever the complexity, reach out for help. Anywhere. It can be incredibly useful. If it doesnt help, look somewhere else. Solve things one at a time. Switch your focus if needed. At times, try to look at the problem as if you were looking into the past. It can settle the fog.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 9:09 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Yes, people here are very greedy. I wish I can live somewhere else that is less expensive, I wish I can live with April or Juliette from here, but I know it won’t happen. I also wish my other friend was here to help, but he lives in France.

Yeah, landlords can indeed be very greedy. The world for the average person is kind of oppressive right now.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 11:45 pm

blueroses wrote:
I'm sorry you're going through this and really hope that the next few weeks go as smoothly as possible.

Do you have flexibility on where you live or do you need to remain in that area due to proximity to your family, doctors, etc.? Given the difficult situation you're in and how time sensitive it is, just wondering if looking in a less expensive area could help a little.

Kitty4670 wrote:

Not sure if this is helpful, but the last few times I have moved, I have used kitchen towels and other linens to wrap and cushion the fragile items, like dishes or picture frames. Then you don't have worry about purchasing bubble wrap or finding old newspapers and also don't need extra boxes for the linens.

I also like to buy a pack of Sharpie pens in different colors and color code boxes for each room when labelling them for where they should go. I also label where the furniture should go with color coded tags, since I live alone too and don't want to be stuck figuring out how to rearrange heavy items by myself after they've left. Beyond courtesy, little things like that can make it more simple for the movers are good if you are paying by the hour.

Also, I would recommend packing essential items you will need separately in an overnight bag or suitcase. Medication, toiletries, pajamas and clothes for the next day, a pillow, etc. A shower curtain and hooks if you'll want to shower that evening. After a day of moving, the last thing I feel like doing is hunting around in boxes to look for stuff before being able to go to bed.

Another thing that can help make the process a little less overwhelming going online and finding a good moving checklist that breaks down what to do step by step. It can help avoid forgetting something at the last minute. I usually print one of those and put it in a binder along with other important documents, like the receipt and contact info for the movers, utility accounts that need to be shut off at the old place or turned at the new one, copy of the new lease, cash for tipping the movers, etc. I then keep that binder with me the day of the move. Just helps with staying organized/reducing stress.

Not sure if any of that is helpful. Maybe others have moving or packing tips also.

I don't know where I'm moving to, I think an assistant living, but I don't want to be around alot of people, I have sensory issues, I hate crowds, lights are problems for me. I bought a noise canceling headphone, I don't know if it helps or right ones, I didn't try them yet, do all noise cancelling headphones have to have a jack adapter? One thing for sure, I will have my cat with me.