Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 8:20 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspinator wrote:
In this interview Putin cited Poland as the cause of WWII because they didn't give in to Hitler's territorial demands.

Kids, this is what we call foreshadowing. WW3 will start when Poland refuses to give in to Putin's territorial demands. :nerdy:

IMHO he won't take Ukraine let alone Poland.

I agree that he's unlikely to take Ukraine, but I also believe if Ukraine fell and if NATO wasn't demonstrating a willingness to fight that Ukraine would just be the first step to further invasions.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 9:08 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspinator wrote:
In this interview Putin cited Poland as the cause of WWII because they didn't give in to Hitler's territorial demands.

Kids, this is what we call foreshadowing. WW3 will start when Poland refuses to give in to Putin's territorial demands. :nerdy:

IMHO he won't take Ukraine let alone Poland.

I agree that he's unlikely to take Ukraine, but I also believe if Ukraine fell and if NATO wasn't demonstrating a willingness to fight that Ukraine would just be the first step to further invasions.

We're incredibly unlikely to ever find out, that's the trouble.

He's a scumbag for sure. Is he Hitler though? No, in the quite literal sense he's not and even in the formative sense his big thing seems to be having been born during the starvation of a given city, having an older brother who'd died from that, and consequently he's got a fixation on resources and defensibility (there was the so-called Phd thesis he did which was largely plagiarized, possibly done for him, and it points at his primary concerns). I do think it's a fair point that if we really don't understand the guy's particular variety of nationalism or what he loses sleep over we won't understand whether he's expansionist or whether he's like China if they'd lost a part of their mainland and fought to get it back. Playing it safe of course means assuming that he would try to take Poland. The safest strategy with imperfect information vs. the actual truth - two different things.

The argument about everyone having the Hitler-Chamberlain frame is not that you don't safeguard against being Chamberlain, it's that you try to figure out what you're dealing with so you never make as many bad guesses as Chamberlain did. Particularly with a nuclear-armed country you don't want to make many wrong guesses at all because that can be deeply world-changing in ways that no one wants to see.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2024, 10:24 pm

I listened to most of it as background noise but haven’t heard the last half hour.

I did watch and listen to David Pakman’s take and quite like it/agree:

https://fb.watch/qezxBG46Y-/?mibextid=v7YzmG

traven
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 3:51 am

another thing, well there's this one
America’s Biggest of All Big Lies. We’re Not Threatening Russia…
https://www.globalresearch.ca/americas- ... ia/5523614
U.S.-NATO Missiles In Europe: Potential Threat To World Peace
https://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-nato- ... eace/28263
and this for sure

The Pentagon’s Carbon Boot Print“…John Kerry’s federal financial disclosure records in January 2013 revealed investments in two Calgary-based tar sands producers: Suncor and Cenovus Energy. Both companies are backing the Energy East pipeline [to eastern Canada] as an export alternative to Keystone XL. So apparently, tar sands shareholder John Kerry was involved in [2012] Bilderberg discussions about demonizing [Vladimir] Putin on behalf of Western oil interests.”

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 6:35 pm

Putin’s Pals Link Death of Alexei Navalny to Tucker Carlson Interview

https://www.thedailybeast.com/putins-pa ... etter%20PM

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 1:11 pm

Honey69 wrote:
Putin’s Pals Link Death of Alexei Navalny to Tucker Carlson Interview

https://www.thedailybeast.com/putins-pa ... etter%20PM

But with some conspiracy theory whodunit type thoughts.

My best guess is Putin had it done just to stir the pot and point fingers all around.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 8:44 pm

Mikhail Khodorkovsky interviewed by Piers Morgan:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 12:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2h3KnWAWY

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 4:13 pm

And the $300 billion asset liquidation begins!

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 3:44 am

and a lot of

ChiefEspatier
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2024, 11:46 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
And the $300 billion asset liquidation begins!

Meanwhile virulent anti Semites are blocking the suez canal.

There was no bigger gift than left wing support of gaza for putin.

It's a bizarre twist of fate that yes putin's biggest ally are people literally screaming gas the jews, the surprise is that they are not European.

Now all of a sudden Russian oil is highly valuable to Europeans, as long as sending oil through the red sea is an inherent risk.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 1:08 pm

If Iran has anything to do with it and they're at least Russian allies it makes a lot of sense that they'd try to close the Red Sea. I've heard there's an island off the coast of Iran that does most of their refinement and that whoever knocked that out would throw back oil production in the region for decades - that it might be a sabotage target for this kind of thing if the US went full isolationist and decided not to be the global protectors of trade anymore the way Bretton Woods set up.

One interesting thing about the Gaza war is it sounds like Israel is making a highway to bisect / break up Gaza to help stop the flow of Russian and Iranian weapons south from where Russia has it's bases. People may pound on what Netanyahu is doing as fascistic or criminal, it will be interesting to see if this deep routing (such as in Rafah) actually does weaken Hamas badly enough that it doesn't come back again in that format. These are people who build their command structure in and under hospitals and torture people beneath them - I get why he wouldn't be handling them with kid gloves. There's talk of having non-Israeli countries in the region overseeing reconstruction in Gaza - maybe that will work out but they really would need to pick regional allies that who have vested interest in preventing the resurgence of Islamism.