Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2024, 8:16 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
How do you feel about being single for the rest of your life and having no children? Or are you married with children?

Back to the original question:

I am married with children.
Before I was married and unsure if I would ever meet the future “Mrs. Right” it troubled me quite a bit. I would pray about God’s will, and being able to know God’s will and accept it in a way that my will would comply and be happy with whatever path God had for me.
I also took steps to meet people and try to learn social skills.
I even explored becoming a priest, which would have included taking vows of celibacy.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2024, 12:31 pm

I'm a "single parent" in that I have almost all the responsibility for my two kids and their mom is almost never around, though I also have a partner who does not live with me.

How do I feel about it? It's hard, in terms of energy, emotions, finances, and everything else. My autistic traits don't help. Often, it's hard just to face reality, to do the simple, daily things that need to be done. I get overloaded and exhausted frequently. But I keep going, because that's all there is to do.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2024, 3:06 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
How do you feel about being single for the rest of your life and having no children? Or are you married with children?
Umm there's other options than being single without kids or being married with kids. For example being married without kids, being single with kids, living with a domestic partner without kids, living with a domestic partner with kids, being in a long-term relationship but not living together & not having kids, or being in a long-term relationship but not living together & having kids. I'm not sure what this thread is asking about :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2024, 11:25 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
If you're talking single and not even dating anybody, that can be an issue later on in life due to a lack of support in old age.

Unfortunately, lack of support in old age can be an issue even for those who've been married or had kids. I work with the elderly (and younger people who are care dependent) and have seen some very bad things.

Anyway, I'm single and it isn't as good as being in a secure and happy relationship, but way better than being in some of the bad ones I've had over the years. No kids. I have never seen myself having biological children, but part of me has always wanted to foster. Maybe someday if I am fortunate enough to get myself into a better place. If not, I think I can be at peace with that, though. Not where I'd like to be in life, but doing my best given challenges and extenuating circumstances.