Stop it you :lol:

I'm trying to understand why he struggles so much

I thought you were ribbing him.

Haha.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 12:42 pm

I know it seems like that sometimes but I'm not.

I just think he doesn't see himself as an adult and because of this he might be seen as a child by other adults and that's why he struggles with women.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 12:51 pm

babybird wrote:
I know it seems like that sometimes but I'm not.

I just think he doesn't see himself as an adult and because of this he might be seen as a child by other adults and that's why he struggles with women.

Initialization and teasing that he sometimes mentions makes me feel like he should just try and live a secret double life of some sort away from his friends and family. Trying to find solace and company among people who show little respect is a wasted endeavour and only stops any sort of progress. People actively avoid others who are visibly disrespected by peers.....unless it's to join in with being disrespectful of course.

I gave up years ago and found a circle of friends who are way better. Sometimes it's better to just cut losses.

I would just go on a coke and hooker binge for a week. Jamsey has earned it now.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 12:56 pm

I think he does really well to stay a good person with all that he's put through.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:00 pm

babybird wrote:
I think he does really well to stay a good person with all that he's put through.

Jamsey knows he has his problems with social interactions but I can't help but feel the people he's around greatly exacerbates them.

Being teased and infantilized for a lifetime is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Jamsey needs to break out. Being around the correct people will make a noticeable improvement with his social interactions. It certainly has with me.

And yeah, how he hasn't gone on a rampage at his local pub with a bar stool yet is beyond my comprehension.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:16 pm

Nades wrote:
babybird wrote:

Jamsey knows he has his problems with social interactions but I can't help but feel the people he's around greatly exacerbates them.

Being teased and infantilized for a lifetime is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Jamsey needs to break out. Being around the correct people will make a noticeable improvement with his social interactions. It certainly has with me.

And yeah, how he hasn't gone on a rampage at his local pub with a bar stool yet is beyond my comprehension.

Don’t tempt me :twisted:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:19 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
babybird wrote:

Don’t tempt me :twisted:

Just try another pub instead and see how it goes, minus the bar stool.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:22 pm

Agreed. Try another pub, go by yourself, you'll be okay.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:24 pm

Nades wrote:
babybird wrote:

:lol:

I think you're right he needs to get out.

I hated the place where I grew up as a child. It was so restrictive and everyone knew each other. I was never treated how he gets treated but I knew I still had to get out and meet new people or else I would never have grown.

I hope you find your way some day Jamesy in whatever he chooses to do.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:28 pm

I think any day is depressing without chocolate anyway

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:28 pm

babybird wrote:

Ditto!

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:30 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Agreed. Try another pub, go by yourself, you'll be okay.

I ironically found an autistic guy who sits on his own watching YouTube videos on current affairs. He's well respected in the pub but obviously he's a bit of a slow person to introduce himself. Doing the same in another pub might actually work out well.

In that very same pub, there's a second autistic guy who does everyone's head in. He asks for free beer. Smells like cheese, dresses in camo and hides behind flower pots half his size genuinely believing he's invisible and tried to flog me an S Club DVD while proclaiming his love for Hannah.

Weird the chalk and cheese difference. Being socially awkward and awkwardly social is a very real thing that jamsey, as do all autistics need to keep an eye on.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:31 pm

babybird wrote:

I had some Cadbury chocolates from a box and it made me even more depressed. They tasted like waxy sugar cubes. Sad to see Cadbury becomes like Hershey's.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:38 pm

Hi Jamsey, it sounds like you are working through some grief as V-Day can trigger depression. However, you don't necessarily have to have a date on V-Day. Lots of people get together with their close friends on V-Day while others get together in singles group.

As for you not having a girlfriend or a spouse, I am sure there is nothing wrong with you. Rather, there is probably something with them.