Jane’s Addiction
Kool & the Gang
Lenny Kravitz
Oasis
Sinéad O’Connor
Ozzy Osbourne
Sade
A Tribe Called Quest

Ten of the 15 nominees are on the ballot for the first time, including Carey, Cher, Foreigner, Frampton, Kool & the Gang, Kravitz, Oasis, O’Connor, Osbourne and Sade. Sade, whose 1980s soft rock hits include “Smooth Operator” and “The Sweetest Taboo,” is having a moment, having last year been inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Artists must have released their first commercial recording at least 25 years before they’re eligible for induction. The induction ceremony will take place in Cleveland this fall.

Inductees will be announced in late April.

Nominees will be voted on by more than 1,000 artists, historians and music industry professionals. Fans can vote online or in person at the museum, with the top five artists picked by the public making up a “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied with the other professional ballots.

Liam Gallagher Says ‘F— the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’ After Oasis Nomination: ‘It’s All a Load of Bollox’
Quote:
Anyone imagining that a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction could be the thing that finally bring the Gallagher brothers together for an Oasis reunion has been disabused of that notion by Liam Gallagher. The singer posted a series of social media messages expressing his contempt for the institution, along with some ongoing disdain for his brother, Noel.

He also directed what may be read as sarcasm at fellow nominee Mariah Carey, saying that she “smashed it” and is more deserving of a Rock Hall induction than his band.

“f**k the Rock n Roll hall of fame its full of BUMBACLARTS,” Gallagher wrote in his typical syntax on X (formerly Twitter), in reaction to the Saturday announcement that Oasis is one of 15 nominees for the hall’s class of 2024.

f inducted, he won’t be attending the ceremony in Cleveland this fall, he indicated — but he’s sure his brother will show up. “The little fella loves hanging out with celebrities so he’d prob go; as for me I’m washing my hair and having a pedicure and a manicure.”

Gallagher posted some of his comments in response to a devotee who was worried that Oasis was already far behind in the publicly visible fan vote (which collectively counts for just a tiny fraction of the overall Rock Hall vote). “Oasis fans, our favourite band is nominated n we r losing stratospherically bc it’s mostly Americans voting,” posted the concerned fan.

Responded Gallagher, “Don’t waste your time… as much as it’s appreciated it’s all a load of bollox.”

When a fan wrote, “Oasis deserves to be recognized for their impact and achievements,” Gallagher responded, “Not as much as Mariah she smashed it.” Given that both Gallagher brothers have been protective of what they see as being true rock ‘n’ roll, he may not have been entirely serious with his professed admiration, although he maintains enough plausible deniability to avoid coming under attack from her lambs.

When another fan posted a ranking of the fan vote showing Oasis in dead last place — with 11,500 votes, in contrast to the leading 22,000 registered for Ozzy Osbourne at the time — he quipped, “Doing well I think.”

“I don’t need some wank award by some geriatric in a cowboy hat,” he further explained.

Although other artists have expressed doubts about their nominations and then been voted in anyway — most recently Dolly Parton, who eventually embraced the idea of being inducted — Gallagher’s clear hostility could have more of a suppressive effect on voting among the Hall’s 1,000-plus electors.

Noel Gallagher has not weighed in thus far with his own reaction, or whether he would indeed attend the ceremony to mingle with celebrities, as Liam maintains.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DH Rider
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2024, 12:36 am

Liam Gallagher has gone on record multiple times saying how much he loves and respects the Sex Pistols, and they refused to show up to accept their RRHoF induction. So perhaps he's trying to copy them a bit. (And he's also a bit of an edgelord, despite his music being more appealing to teenage girls than the Pistols ever were...:P).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2024, 8:47 am

Eric B. & Rakim and A Tribe Called Quest are both hugely influential in the development of hip-hop. I hope they get inducted.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う