Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Iris.Ell
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2024, 7:08 am

Hello Wrong planet society

I got another question today, of those trying to understand.. related to this condition of mixed feelings.

Do you ever dream of people and relationships (where you might have small interactions with them) between you and people you know, with whom there is a story , but not fully investigated?

Do you ever have controversial dreams about a person in your dreams? For example, I might dream of someone showing me the opposite emotion than what I initially perceived in waking life... I have no clue why is that happening. I only wake up feeling utterly confused. For example, if someone has been kind to me, I see them mad, or angry or mean, and if someone in waking life hates me (or guess), I see them loving me. Why does that happen and what does it mean? Is it because I always think there is the possibility of the opposite feeling in someones brain?

That can also happen in waking life, when I am supposed to feel angry, irritated or loved by someone I get mixed signals from my body.

Probably it is related to alexithymia.

Your thoughts?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Feb 2024, 7:30 am

I'm not sure what it means in your case but when I dream of strong emotions, I always find them something to look into.

Sometimes our minds process things we don't notice conciously and just present results as dreams and intuitions - I still remember the war and the deadly fear I dreamed on Feb 20 2022. I don't find it supernatural, it was just my brain putting patches of information together.
And the dream of my mom insisting I wear a snow white nun's dress, uncomfortable, not fitting, and even actual nuns wore more reasonable attires but she insisted that's what everyone wears.
And the dream of my (then future) inlaws making a doll looking like me to marry their son to it.

Sometimes I wasn't able to express my feelings but my dreams expressed them in images.

Maybe you have mixed feelings about some people but have difficulty processing mixed feelings when awake?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Iris.Ell

15 Feb 2024, 7:52 am

Hmm Magz ,

>>Maybe you have mixed feelings about some people but have difficulty processing mixed feelings when awake?[/quote]

Maybe. You think it is related to my own feelings about them , not the opposite?

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2024, 7:59 am

Dreams are strange things. If you have trouble identifying emotions in others your brain may “try out” different emotions on other’s looking for a match. The leftover unselected trials may be left in your memory and end up as dreams.

Also if you have mistaken kindness for some other real hidden or vailed emotion like anger - people can be purposefully or unintentionally vailed - you may keep misgivings in the back of your mind. This is a kind of self defense mechanism. These could end up as dreams.

Having a hard time reading people can leave you always wondering if the part of your brain that identifies emotions is like the boy who cried “wolf” and later was disbelieved even when telling the truth.

Iris.Ell

15 Feb 2024, 10:41 am

That is a very valid explanation. Playing out different realities of feelings...

I never "thought" I had trouble, that is the funny thing . I was just always confused about people's reactions..why would they get mad at me, out of nowhere for example?

>>Also if you have mistaken kindness for some other real hidden or vailed emotion like anger - people can be purposefully or unintentionally vailed - you may keep misgivings in the back of your mind. This is a kind of self defense mechanism. These could end up as dreams.

Correct! You never know what to believe and you can't trust yourself , after all those failed attempts at trying to judge others feelings.

Exactly! That is exactly how I feel!! !

Last edited by Iris.Ell on 15 Feb 2024, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iris.Ell

15 Feb 2024, 10:45 am

>>Sometimes our minds process things we don't notice conciously and just present results as dreams and intuitions - I still remember the war and the deadly fear I dreamed on Feb 20 2022. I don't find it supernatural, it was just my brain putting patches of information together.

I actually dreamt of the Covid pandemic many times, two years before it happened.