Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Shipaxe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Feb 2024, 2:02 pm

Hi!! I think I have a special interest in musical ensembles and marching band and stuff, and was wondering if anyone else here plays an instrument or sings or anything! I’ve played trumpet for around 5 years and have tried other instruments such as piano, marimba, drumset, guitar, and ukulele- but I’m not good at any of them yet xP I’m in my high school’s regular concert band, marching band, jazz band, and pep band.

I’m also taking music theory classes and think it’s super interesting! I don’t know a ton, but we’ve recently started analyzing simple music. The most recent chord type we learned was a dominant 7th and it’s intervals :D

I do take several medications that help with my symptoms.

Dylan the autist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2024, 4:34 pm

Hello!
I'm 24 and sing and play piano. I study music production in College. Music is so cool and I'm glad you've found a love for it!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 5:10 pm

I play guitar poorly.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2024, 10:05 pm

I've been playing music since middle school, which is over two decades ago now. My instruments are oboe and bassoon. I've played in band, marching band, and college and community orchestras.

It could be said that one of my longtime special interests is music, woodwind instruments in particular. Music history and the history of woodwind instruments, too!

I went to college planning on going into Music History (Musicology) for grad school but now I'm not so sure if it's what I should be doing career-wise. Lots to think about.