Beyonce country music banned from country radio

Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 6:56 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Opinion about the 2nd linked article:
While the article documented woke segregationist horrors it erred in conflating wokeism with progressivism. We need anti woke progressives to be allies. Driving them into a woke is the lesser of two evils camp does more long-term harm than good.

The second article is more broad but I can address one claim by the author relating to segregation in the healthcare system. In both Australia and the US, black people and native people (our aborigines) have a. a lower expected lifespan b. higher rates of hospitalisation and c. poorer quality of life (health and wellbeing). A big contributing factor is disparities in healthcare support, Research supports white health providers provide a poorer quality of service for black and native people where the patients of these backgrounds experience a disparity in the quality of healthcare
https://tcf.org/content/report/racism-i ... americans/

Evidence based best practice therefore shows black and native people do best in a healthcare system that caters to their needs. In Australia we have clinics in remote regions catering for aboriginal populations. I believe the same happens for native americans and canadians. Obviously in the future this kind of segregation in healthcare provision should not be necessary but its understandable at least while gaps in healthcare remain.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 11:14 am

Gave it a listen from the video above. Meh, it's okay. Not great, not terrible, just okay. Doesn't really "grab me," like some other pop songs so I don't really get wanting to call in to a radio station to request hearing it. Just seems a bit like a basic formulaic pop song and the whistling sections I found kinda boring/cheesy tbh. But it's not an awful or offensive song, so whatever, if people want to hear it let them hear it. It's just a song.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 2:25 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever heard?

No, I've heard My Chemical Romance, Nickleback, Emmure, Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock.

But I've gotta ask, is this what country sounds like these days? It sounds like a splash of country in the standard R&B that Beyonce's known for.

I'm more used to country sounding like this:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:41 pm

Country music has been stagnant. Beyonce is taking the artform in it's natural direction. I am now waiting for hiphop.rap to take Metal music in its natural direction,

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I am now waiting for hiphop.rap to take Metal music in its natural direction,

That's already happened, it gave us Limp Bizkit and we all agreed to never speak of that mistake ever again. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

That's already happened, it gave us Limp Bizkit and we all agreed to never speak of that mistake ever again. :lol:

Limp Bizkit is a little more pop > rap, Have a listen to Jasiah or Zillakami or City Morgue

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Limp Bizkit is a little more pop > rap, Have a listen to Jasiah or Zillakami or City Morgue

I'm familiar with City Morgue, I'm just not convinced they're adding much that hasn't already been done before. It's just nu-metal with trap beats.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 4:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I'm familiar with City Morgue, I'm just not convinced they're adding much that hasn't already been done before. It's just nu-metal with trap beats.

Metal fans are a little like country fans.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 5:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Metal fans are a little like country fans.

Country fans need to up their microgenre game before that becomes true. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 4:11 am

Poor old Chuck berry and Little Richard and James Brown had to live through generations of white musicians copying their music and calling it rock and roll.

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 7:06 am

funeralxempire wrote:

You just converted me into a country fan.

Being this precious about music is annoying to me. Sadly I have no doubt Beyonce would have been aware of the reaction she would get for this, I can understand and appreciate the courage to create a sh!t storm, and I get the motivation, but ffs why does there have to be so much politics. Good music is good music, who cares who made it or what they call it. I don't think 90% of the music made these days deserves any air play but I'm not going on internet forums jumping up and down about.. oh wait...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 3:45 pm

Comet Zed wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You just converted me into a country fan.

Being this precious about music is annoying to me. Sadly I have no doubt Beyonce would have been aware of the reaction she would get for this, I can understand and appreciate the courage to create a sh!t storm, and I get the motivation, but ffs why does there have to be so much politics. Good music is good music, who cares who made it or what they call it. I don't think 90% of the music made these days deserves any air play but I'm not going on internet forums jumping up and down about.. oh wait...

I laughed myself silly listening to that!