Beyonce country music banned from country radio

Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 5:11 am

^^^ prior to her album announcement I also thought it was a genre thing, hiphop/pop artists should stay in their lane.
But it now it seems CM fans have been heard yelling racist stuff at Beyonce when she did a concert with the Dixie chicks. The dixie chick fans were annoyed and tried to yell stuff that was audible to Beyonce,.

The country music industry is (not like the republican party) beholden to its base which is white rural and racist. Hence why they kept trying to cancel Beyonce.

Notice when Taylor Swift (who is urban pop as they get) sang country she became a mascot for white americans everywhere. The CMI embraced her as if she was blue grass and a daughter of the soil (not a spoilt brat whose parents are millionaires and corporate urbanites).

Beyonce has correctly pointed out she has more credentials to sing country than most white country singers. Similar racist shills came out when Lil Nas x did a duet with Billy Ray Cyrus. The CM charts tried to ban the song but Billy Ray was country so they looked stupid.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 6:52 am

In all fairness, country music hasn't been great in 40 years.

Country is very songwriter-driven, derived from the life experiences of the artists probably more than any other genre. Hank Williams, both Sr. and Jr., Johnny Cash and George Jones were masters of their craft.

Since probably the early 90s, country has become just as commercialized and all about making money as most other genres.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:08 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
In all fairness, country music hasn't been great in 40 years.

awww don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart...

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:32 am

This is exactly why I hate country music. I've always called it "redneck oppression music", because we all know the kind of people it caters to. :?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:45 am

That isn't right at all. The song she sings is completely straight from the heart and it deserves to be on the radio. Actually, out of all her music that is a song that should be sung.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 8:51 am

Beyonce is laughing all the way to the bank. Texas Hold ‘Em’ was not only number one on the Country charts but the national Billboard 100 singles chart.

I don’t hate Beyonce or Country music but they are not my favorites. Artists and Entertainers I can’t stand making more money in a hour then I will in a lifetime is a daily occurrence. It’s called getting old. I have had to learn to deal with it.

In the last number of years what started as a good thing, a backlash against white musicians making all the money off of music the blacks invented has morphed into where any musician that explores music of a genre their ethnic, racial group did not invent is accused of cultural appropriation followed by an ensuing attempt to cancel. If Beyonce helps end that it would be a beautiful thing.

This is 2024 not 1974 when if your songs were not on played on the radio you had no hope of becoming anything more then a cult act.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 9:17 am

Yeah I understand the part about not giving a damn about celebrities who make more money than I would ever hope to see in my lifetime.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 10:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
^^^ prior to her album announcement I also thought it was a genre thing, hiphop/pop artists should stay in their lane.
But it now it seems CM fans have been heard yelling racist stuff at Beyonce when she did a concert with the Dixie chicks. The dixie chick fans were annoyed and tried to yell stuff that was audible to Beyonce,.

The country music industry is (not like the republican party) beholden to its base which is white rural and racist. Hence why they kept trying to cancel Beyonce.

Notice when Taylor Swift (who is urban pop as they get) sang country she became a mascot for white americans everywhere. The CMI embraced her as if she was blue grass and a daughter of the soil (not a spoilt brat whose parents are millionaires and corporate urbanites).

Beyonce has correctly pointed out she has more credentials to sing country than most white country singers. Similar racist shills came out when Lil Nas x did a duet with Billy Ray Cyrus. The CM charts tried to ban the song but Billy Ray was country so they looked stupid.

Gotcha. That's pretty gross.

Haven't heard the song, but Beyonce is super talented so wtf.

I hope it pisses off a lot of mouth breathers and makes their blood boil. Maybe the worst of the worst will have heart attacks and croak over it.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 10:35 am

I really couldn't care less about Beyonce, and I hate country music a lot simply because growing up in the rural south I know that it's a genre that caters to a lot of racist white people.

I do hate the fact that all mainstream entertainment is becoming political instead of just, you know? Entertaining...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 12:39 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I really couldn't care less about Beyonce, and I hate country music a lot simply because growing up in the rural south I know that it's a genre that caters to a lot of racist white people.

I do hate the fact that all mainstream entertainment is becoming political instead of just, you know? Entertaining...

What does a racist radio station have to do with politics or politicians? :?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 1:28 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Aren't we talking about the controversy of Beyonce as a popular black singer breaking into country music and the outrage it's caused among racist pro-Trump rednecks who love this genre?

Unless i'm missing something.... :scratch:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:00 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Aren't we talking about the controversy of Beyonce as a popular black singer breaking into country music and the outrage it's caused among racist pro-Trump rednecks who love this genre?

:?

I didn't read every word of the thread. Was this a partisan political thing involving trump? I read it as a racist thing involving racists.. which isn't exactly political in nature. Seems a bit of a stretch to make it related to politics UNLESS I missed something and the story is somehow related to politics ? :?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:10 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I didn't read every word of the thread. Was this a partisan political thing involving trump? I read it as a racist thing involving racists.. which isn't exactly political in nature. Seems a bit of a stretch to make it related to politics UNLESS I missed something and the story is somehow related to politics ? :?

I guess I just assumed it was politically motivated? Everything else these days seems to be...

Well my bad. Carry on. :oops:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:25 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I guess I just assumed it was politically motivated? Everything else these days seems to be...

Well my bad. Carry on. :oops:

You were not wrong. There are so many things that should not be politicized in America but are. Politicians need not necessarily be involved. Racism and cultural appropriation are hot button political issues.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:29 pm

Quote:
You were not wrong. There are so many things that should not be politicized in America but are. Politicians need not necessarily be involved. Racism and cultural appropriation are hot button political issues.

That's good to know. :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 4:03 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Haven't heard the song, but Beyonce is super talented so wtf.

I hope it pisses off a lot of mouth breathers and makes their blood boil. Maybe the worst of the worst will have heart attacks and croak over it.

That's why CMI looks like it's pandering. Who cancels Beyonce :roll:
She has also been targeted by fanatic Taylor Swift fans who (time and again) have showed themselves to be toxic and racist.

Lil Nas X song "Old country road" with Billy Ray Cyrus was also a billboard number 1 but country radio refused to play it. I recall watching white country fans on podcasts turning up their noses ay Lil Nas (in addition to being black he is also gay).