Page 4 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 7:49 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I wonder how many bigoted minds would explode if they learned that all human life began in Africa and literally all modern humans alive today are descendants of African migrants.. and that the most complete human genome is found in present day Africans - humanity's genetic saviour when it comes to genetic disease cause & treatment options. Halfwitted f**ktards deserve to have their brains explode.. although, if explained, they probably wouldn't comprehend any of it in the first place and would likely remain blissfully ignorant.

Ah, but that smacks of Darwinian evolution, which all true evangelical Bible believing Christians know is propaganda straight from HELL!! !

I say it smacks of using science for the sake of Afrocentric racism.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but am I to understand you doubt human origin in Africa? Because the sciences of archeology and genetics have determined the origins of mankind began in prehistoric Africa.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 8:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I wonder how many bigoted minds would explode if they learned that all human life began in Africa and literally all modern humans alive today are descendants of African migrants.. and that the most complete human genome is found in present day Africans - humanity's genetic saviour when it comes to genetic disease cause & treatment options. Halfwitted f**ktards deserve to have their brains explode.. although, if explained, they probably wouldn't comprehend any of it in the first place and would likely remain blissfully ignorant.

Ah, but that smacks of Darwinian evolution, which all true evangelical Bible believing Christians know is propaganda straight from HELL!! !

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but am I to understand you doubt human origin in Africa? Because the sciences of archeology and genetics have determined the origins of mankind began in prehistoric Africa.

No, I don't doubt it. I'm just saying using it to kick the hornets nest around in the racial tensions we have today seems like a downright stupid thing to do.

But who really cares what I think?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 10:30 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

No, I don't doubt it. I'm just saying using it to kick the hornets nest around in the racial tensions we have today seems like a downright stupid thing to do.

But who really cares what I think?

Who's kicking the proverbial hornet's nest around in this case? How is it being used to magnify racial tensions?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 11:35 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Not my call, but I rather listen to their grievances than listen to those benefitting from maintaining the "tensions". It doesn't take a rocket scientist that the same folks who were against civil rights in the 1960s are the ones parading around complaining about wokeness..,same folk, different tactics

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 12:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Not my call, but I rather listen to their grievances than listen to those benefitting from maintaining the "tensions". It doesn't take a rocket scientist that the same folks who were against civil rights in the 1960s are the ones parading around complaining about wokeness..,same folk, different tactics

It's mostly not the same folks.. it's their children and grandchildren mostly.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 1:10 am

Or maybevsome of us might simply be disillusioned liberals who are sick of the "woke" left trying to tear down the progress that our hippy parents and grandparents were fighting for in the 1960's.

If Ammmuurrica's precious Union is in danger of tearing apart, always remember it takes two people to end a marriage. You guys are just as much to blame for this as those MAGA morons.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 1:23 am

goldfish21 wrote:
It's mostly not the same folks.. it's their children and grandchildren mostly.

Would love to do a "where are they now" from photos of racists in the 1960s who happily allowed themselves to be photographed throwing sticks, rocks and waving placards at peaceful protest or (worse) at toddlers trying to go to an integrated school. This type of human garbage passed on their values to the modern republicans,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 1:24 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Or maybevsome of us might simply be disillusioned liberals who are sick of the "woke" left trying to tear down the progress that our hippy parents and grandparents were fighting for in the 1960's..

I'm listening

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 1:50 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Or maybevsome of us might simply be disillusioned liberals who are sick of the "woke" left trying to tear down the progress that our hippy parents and grandparents were fighting for in the 1960's.

If Ammmuurrica's precious Union is in danger of tearing apart, always remember it takes two people to end a marriage. You guys are just as much to blame for this as those MAGA morons.

How does continuing the fight actually amount to tearing down earlier gains? :scratch:

To refer to the Malcolm X quote in my sig, we're still bickering over how much to pull the knife out or whether or not there even is a knife in the first place.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 3:59 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

They are undoing what was gained in the 60s by promoting a view that since America is systematically and irredeemably racist all emphasis should be put on oppressed and oppressor group identity. This often involves segregation.

The new woke segregation is an insult to white and black people

The Ghost of Jim Crow

More then hippy allies wokeism is undoing the efforts all those black people who endured so much institutional violence for supporting desegregation.

Opinion about the 2nd linked article:
While the article documented woke segregationist horrors it erred in conflating wokeism with progressivism. We need anti woke progressives to be allies. Driving them into a woke is the lesser of two evils camp does more long-term harm than good.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 4:03 am

Here is the song

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 6:57 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

They are undoing what was gained in the 60s by promoting a view that since America is systematically and irredeemably racist all emphasis should be put on oppressed and oppressor group identity. This often involves segregation.

The new woke segregation is an insult to white and black people

The Ghost of Jim Crow

More then hippy allies wokeism is undoing the efforts all those black people who endured so much institutional violence for supporting desegregation.

Opinion about the 2nd linked article:
While the article documented woke segregationist horrors it erred in conflating wokeism with progressivism. We need anti woke progressives to be allies. Driving them into a woke is the lesser of two evils camp does more long-term harm than good.

I agree with all this. But as I said I often feel like I'm arguing against a brick wall so I'm just gonna shut up on the subject of woke segregation...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 9:09 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Here is the song

Good song, and it helps that she's very easy on the eyes!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 9:14 am

Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever heard?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 9:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Here is the song

Good song, and it helps that she's very easy on the eyes!

My first time hearing the song... and I admit it's good. 8)

I have no issues regarding Beyonce herself. Maybe on some level I don't really have an issue with the country genre either, my hostility is directed more towards the racist fanbase..

Some classic country songs like "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" I actually do like.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 6:45 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Not directed at anyone in particular but I want to address these two articles. Firstly this one. I read this one in the Australian press and am surprised at the furor. Segregation was enforced as a way of life for centuries in the US, It has been so much a part of American culture. The descendants of the people who enforced this evil system are (ironically) continuing to engage in proxy (but real) segregation whether it be in real estate, schools or employment. The result of 400 years of this system is the creation of two distinct cultures created for the purpose of exploiting and subjugating one of the cultures for the benefit of the other.

While in 2024 the legal system has shut down (mostly) the remnants of these old systems, the legacies remain. But social apartheid remains very real. A person of colour is made to feel uncomfortable (and unwelcome) when they enter a predominantly white space. And boy! there's plenty of those. We have them too in Australia. Anyone who pretends white spaces don't exist is denying the obvious.

In psychology there is a concept called self-stigma where a person internalises prejudice around them and acutely know they are in a non-inclusive environment. People generally tolerate that for a certain amount of time till they leave to alleviate the discomfort. In many cases the people around them don't even realise they are creating this environment. Case in point, why women who enter STEM related professions choose to leave in droves.

This is why "safe spaces" are created for women, POC and LGBTQI. The concert here is an opportunity on opening night for POC to watch the performance without "judegmental eyes" around them. If I can accept this I am sure other reasonable people can accept the need for a safe space here.