Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 12:31 am

If Conduct Disorder started at 15, 16 or 17 and if that behavior persists in adulthood, would that person be diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder? With new diagnostic DSM-5 model for Antisocial Personality Disorder, would it be different?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 5:46 am

I don’t think so. A person would need to be evaluated for ASPD in order to receive the diagnosis. If someone is worried about having ASPD, that probably means that they don’t have it. People with that personality disorder don’t typically experience guilt or remorse.

They aren’t usually honest about their issues or reach out for help. There’s often a sense of superiority which makes them feel like they don’t need help.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 11:50 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I don’t think so. A person would need to be evaluated for ASPD in order to receive the diagnosis. If someone is worried about having ASPD, that probably means that they don’t have it. People with that personality disorder don’t typically experience guilt or remorse.

They aren’t usually honest about their issues or reach out for help. There’s often a sense of superiority which makes them feel like they don’t need help.

It could be Unspecified Personality Disorder if an adult with recent Conduct Disorder and current symptoms is suffering.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 12:44 pm

It might be something to talk to a psychologist about. It kind of sounds like you are especially struggling with anxiety right now to me.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 1:11 pm

It is not about anxiety, psychology is part of my restricted interest.