Historians Rank Donald Trump as Worst President in History

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 6:08 am

It can be argued that Trump wins the race to the bottom by the simple fact of his efforts to shred the constitution and remove checks and balances. What is considered good policy, and what is considered bad policy, generally varies by time and the sensibilities of the time, but as long as a president isn't playing autocrat the country can move past the mistakes that get made. But a the president breaks the constitution, we won't be "America" anymore.

I expect he'll consider it a badge of honor. In Trump logic, I suspect the bottom is better than the middle, because it shows him as relevant.

Plus, the list comes from academics, a group he regularly derides.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 12:19 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
It can be argued that Trump wins the race to the bottom by the simple fact of his efforts to shred the constitution and remove checks and balances. What is considered good policy, and what is considered bad policy, generally varies by time and the sensibilities of the time, but as long as a president isn't playing autocrat the country can move past the mistakes that get made. But a the president breaks the constitution, we won't be "America" anymore.

I expect he'll consider it a badge of honor. In Trump logic, I suspect the bottom is better than the middle, because it shows him as relevant.

O rly? :?

but trumplestiltskin keeps saying if he doesn't get elected then "we won't have a country anymore," because of what the Biden administration "is doing to our country.. just look what they're doing to our country, they're destroying our country."

So, which is it, 4 more years of sane stable politics, jobs & economic growth, deficit reductions, infrastructure being rebuilt and so on under Biden OR trump shredding the constitution and going full fascist national protectionist dictator while plunging the USA Trillions further into debt is going to end America??? Can't be both.. :chin:

Jason Thayer
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Mar 2024, 1:05 pm

He deserves the ranking. He was certainly the worst president of my lifetime. He brought out the worst in people, whether they supported him or not. I did some soul searching during Obama's presidency, and while I don't support everything he did, I wish I voted for him. I never voted for Trump, and if he's on the Louisiana ballot come November, I'm not voting for him this year either. In fact, I'm never voting Republican again! I wish we had more than two parties.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 7:57 am

Didn’t Hoovers policies cause the Great Depression?

I remember in school telling us they named the homeless shanty towns that sprang up Hoovervilles

While trump wasn’t the greatest president US ever had he certainly wasn’t the worst.

Sounds politically motivated ranking

- George Bernie Shaw

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 8:06 am

Can't really judge where he fits in until after his second term has concluded. Get back to us in 2029.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 4:51 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Can't really judge where he fits in until after his second term has concluded. Get back to us in 2029.

And when his second term doesn't materialize...?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 1:42 am

goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

O rly? :?

but trumplestiltskin keeps saying if he doesn't get elected then "we won't have a country anymore," because of what the Biden administration "is doing to our country.. just look what they're doing to our country, they're destroying our country."

So, which is it, 4 more years of sane stable politics, jobs & economic growth, deficit reductions, infrastructure being rebuilt and so on under Biden OR trump shredding the constitution and going full fascist national protectionist dictator while plunging the USA Trillions further into debt is going to end America??? Can't be both.. :chin:

Trump has a long standing pattern of accusing his opponents of doing exactly what he, himself, is doing. It's part of how he deflects.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2024, 2:18 am

I know. I was being sarcastic. He's a piece of s**t.