Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 8:07 pm

Florida Man is more than the games...

"Doctors Remove 150 Live Bugs From Florida Man's Nose"

Quote:
A Florida man is breathing easier now that 150 live bugs have been removed from his nose.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 8:48 pm

Must have been Ron DeSatanis, and the bugs were trying to escape the toxicity of his brain...

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 9:24 pm

I feel sick now...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 1:51 am

Who wants a sandwich?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 5:22 am

old_comedywriter wrote:
Must have been Ron DeSatanis, and the bugs were trying to escape the toxicity of his brain...

:lol:

Could have been the Florida orange man from maga-lardo, too..

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 2:16 pm

I wonder if it's the same Florida man who kept doing all those crazy crimes.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2024, 3:37 pm

When I started reading this story I thought I'm not surprised this happened in Florida thou it would probably be just as likely to occur in Louisiana due to the swamps & hot humid weather in both states. Then I read this & it confirmed I was right about it being swamp related~

Quote:
It remains a mystery how the larvae got inside the man’s nose, but he told First Coast News that the problem might have stemmed from his bad hygiene habits when handling dead fish.

“Before I would rinse my hands in the river, now I’ll use cleaner to do a better job and not touch my nose or my hand,” the man told the station.

They also mentioned him having a weakened immune system & I'm wondering if I should be a tad wary. I'm in the process of trying start an old-skewl immunosuppressant for chronic sinus allergy problems & skin eczema. Systemic steroids are the only meds I found that majorly help but their not a viable long-term solution due to side-effects profile & tolerance buildup. I could get biologics prescribed but my insurance will not cover them & their full cost is at least 5x more than I get a month from disability. I'm guessing/hoping that since I live in Vermont now I won't really have to worry about getting parasites from having a weakened immune system.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 11:07 pm

He thought the bugs were cocaine and snorted them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 11:51 pm

Florida Man, Florida Man
Being crazy as a Florida Man can
Watch out....here comes the Florida Man

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 1:20 am

A lot of fish carry parasites and you have to make sure to be careful to clean and cook them properly. A lot of people have gotten really nasty parasites from eating raw fish. Apparently it's because some fish, like tuna, are "apex predators" or something like that, or because they live in fresh water. Most fresh bodies of water are just teeming with microbes.

But I've never heard of someone getting a snout full of parasites instead of in their gut. 8O

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Feb 2024, 9:38 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
A lot of fish carry parasites and you have to make sure to be careful to clean and cook them properly. A lot of people have gotten really nasty parasites from eating raw fish. Apparently it's because some fish, like tuna, are "apex predators" or something like that, or because they live in fresh water. Most fresh bodies of water are just teeming with microbes.

But I've never heard of someone getting a snout full of parasites instead of in their gut. 8O
Me & my family ate a lot of seafood when I lived in Louisiana & we never gotten parasites or sick from it as far as we know. We ate a lot of the mud stuff like catfish, shrimp, crawfish, & such but it was always cooked, usually fried :mrgreen: My dad & grandpa(mom's dad) used to go fishing together a lot. Neither of them got sick much in general. I'm guessing they practiced at least slightly better hygiene habits & had stronger immune systems than the Florida guy.

How easy is it to get sick from canned tuna :?: My girlfriend eats it a bit & she's kinda prone to getting sick due to her various issues & handling being stressed & busy very poorly. Cass can be dragging with something for a month but when I catch it I'm sick in bed with a fever for a couple days(sometimes kinda delirious) & then I'm completely fine. When I'm sick for a while it's usually due to sinus infections.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 11:00 am

Florida Man is facing his Karma for all the stupid things that he's done.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 11:28 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Florida Man is facing his Karma for all the stupid things that he's done.

:lol: That's why he recently lost ~half a Billion dollars in court and has 91 felony charges against him.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 1:42 pm

Did I read somewhere that he handled the fish and then touched his face...anyways...

"Measles is a 'heat-seeking missile' experts warn as Florida outbreak grows"

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as of Friday there have been at least 35 measles cases in 15 states in 2024 — most related to international travel. In January, there were nine measles cases in Pennsylvania, eight of them in Philadelphia. (If there are no more cases reported there as of early next week, the Philadelphia outbreak will be declared over.) Late Friday, Michigan’s health department announced that it, too, had identified a measles case — its first since 2019.

Florida’s outbreak is the largest in the U.S. right now. And what Florida’s health officials are doing — or not doing — is drawing fire from experts who study the way diseases spread.

Measles is so contagious and has such a long incubation period that the decision of the state’s Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo to let parents decide whether to quarantine their children or let them keep going to school could allow cases to spread, experts warn.

“Measles is the most infectious pathogen in humans that we know of,” said Kimberlin. “It’s like a heat-seeking missile. It will find the people who are not immune, and they’re going to get sick.”

Unvaccinated people have a 90% chance of becoming infected if exposed.

“Epidemiology 101 is identify and isolate,” said Katelyn Jetelina, who tracks illnesses for a website called “Your Local Epidemiologist.” This is especially true for outbreaks of measles, she said, because of how incredibly contagious the virus is and the fact that people who are infected can spread it for up to three weeks.

Soooo...Florida's health officials are Florida men?