Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ShyHylian64
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2024, 11:01 am

I kind of relate to the last part. I see my body as a shell and sometimes I wish I was simple a void or a ball of light.

For some background: I am in my 20s and I started puberty earlier than some of my peers, which was around 9. To this day, I've been the same height high-pitched voice from when I was 11. Same goes for weight, but my health has only gotten better. Some of the technicians at my orthodontist's office believed I was in middle school, and I believe my growth might've been stunted at 12(ish) due to medical issues I had back then.

I didn't have my period for about 4 years as a teenager due to illness. When it eventually came back, they were heavy, abnormally bothersome and sometimes the symptoms were so bad that I relied on ibuprofen. Then, around 16-17 years old, my dermatologist prescribed me with birth control for my acne. One of the biggest things I noticed was that it helped regulate my periods. Sometimes I still feel like I'm in a weird limbo of going through puberty, like the downsides never fully went away, including my hormonal imbalances. I think birth control has helped with that to an extent.

I'm also (usually) iron-deficient anemic, coupled with periods, can cause me to feel especially drained, leading to me feeling depressed or low. It sounds cliché, but supplements and water are your best friend when it comes to this stuff. A lot of women will become anemic during their periods naturally and its advised to take iron pills or a multi-vitamin.

Women I've known or known-of going through menopause seemed to have a very bad time. As for the second puberty thing, it depends on the person. There's no set age for any of these things, really. For some, it might be 30, for others it's 21 or perhaps 35.