Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:04 am

Adult animation (that is actually good). Lots of adult language and dialogue. But well written and lovable characters.

Does contain themes of abuse, drug use/addiction, and sexual assault, so if you watch it be prepared.

But yeah, this is my latest hyperfixation. I am completely obsessed and now that I've watched it all I'm looking up fanfiction and stuff. Lucifer is my favorite character. And Charlie (Lucifer's daughter, the protagonist) is like the second fictional character in the history of ever that I actually relate to.

You might think this is an odd show for me to be watching as a devout Christian, considering it uses Christian lore. But I actually love the take on heaven, hell, and redemption. I might be more conflicted if God existed in this series, but he doesn't seem to. The first episode (after the pilot) introduces that angels of heaven as being the ones who created humanity.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:06 am

I find the gratuitous language and sex jokes childish (seriously, the Adam scene....), but I'll probably watch it out of curiosity with my gf sometime

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:11 am

The colors and music are great and I watched episodes 1 to 4 before when it was only up to episode 4.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:32 am

Readydaer wrote:
I find the gratuitous language and sex jokes childish (seriously, the Adam scene....), but I'll probably watch it out of curiosity with my gf sometime

Not for everyone, yeah. But I will say there's more to it than sex jokes. Those mostly come from one particular character (or well, two, considering Adam).

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:33 am

belijojo wrote:
The colors and music are great and I watched episodes 1 to 4 before when it was only up to episode 4.

I am listening to the soundtrack on repeat

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:36 am

I posted this in another thread, but I think this is one of the videos that convinced me to watch the series. I f*****g live for parent/child fluff. Which totally has nothing to do with daddy issues.

Edit: ok, but it's funny how the devil is a better dad than my dad lmao

Last edited by colliegrace on 21 Feb 2024, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:48 am

I like how it portrays heaven as just as corrupt if not more than hell. Almost all the angels fall on lawful evil on the moral alignment rather than lawful good.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2024, 1:40 am

I relate wayyy too much to Angel Dust. This show was kind of therapeutic for me.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 1:57 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:
I relate wayyy too much to Angel Dust. This show was kind of therapeutic for me.

Honestly thought Angel was going to be my favorite just cuz of his story and how well it's handled. I still love him, but Lucifer has my whole heart

insanetwocubes
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Feb 2024, 9:37 pm

I love that show! I only watched a few episodes. When the pilot came out I was really excited for it! My favorite part was the theme of people in the morally lowest position (literal hell) being given the opportunity to turn their lives around and be better. I love the representation of so many different people in so many positions and the fact that the show doesn't sugar coat the problems that people have (even in our world).

Not to mention that the spinoff Helluva boss is hilarious and somehow wholesome and sweet at the same time.

Hazbin hotel is awesome!

~Emillie

GlumJack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2024, 3:48 am

I watched Hazbin Hotel, I enjoyed watching it. Especially since I watched the pilot when it came out a few years ago. It was interesting to see the progress until it came out! It was so cool seeing a bunch of really cool voice actors to be a part of it. Like Keith David! So cool to see.