Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 11:28 pm

what does waiver mean?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 11:50 pm

it means an exception to some rule that is granted to somebody by some authority usually in order to accomplish a larger goal. in my case, i had physical problems that normally would have prevented me from entering the military but my recruiter granted me several waivers [exceptions to the army rules regarding recruits not having any physical problems] so he could get me inducted and boost his recruiting numbers.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 1:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
it means an exception to some rule that is granted to somebody by some authority usually in order to accomplish a larger goal. in my case, i had physical problems that normally would have prevented me from entering the military but my recruiter granted me several waivers [exceptions to the army rules regarding recruits not having any physical problems] so he could get me inducted and boost his recruiting numbers.

Thanks, my sister wants me to get financial assistance so I can get an apartment & keep my cat with me.

I haven't seen you om WPfor awhile, I miss you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 1:56 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Thanks, my sister wants me to get financial assistance so I can get an apartment & keep my cat with me.
I haven't seen you om WPfor awhile, I miss you.

thank you Kitty :) i'm still here but i got things i gotta do in the real world.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 9:53 pm

A waiver is something that you sign to get more benefits.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 9:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
A waiver is something that you sign to get more benefits.

Some waivers you sign give away your rights.

Like if you sign a risk waiver you're typically waiving the right to sue if you get hurt.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う