Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 3:09 pm

What did you do for your birthday?

How do you feel about your birthday?

My birthday reminds me that I am rapidly getting older and have zero "friends" and nothing accomplished

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 4:34 pm

My birthdays are bittersweet.

On the one hand, yay! Cake!

Yet on the other, I am reminded of a traumatic event that happened around that time of year. However, it also reminds me of the people who supported me through that. I am reminded that I made it through.

To add an inhuman amount of hands, there's also a lot of self-reflection as to where I am in life vs where I'd like to be.

Usually I visit the beach or I go for a long walk somewhere. Take plenty of photographs. I use the day to admire nature and relax. Often it is sunny so that helps. I have to clear my head a little, otherwise things can get a little too heavy. That's why I like to use the day to travel.

I still enjoy my birthdays though. Despite everything.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 6:01 pm

I don't even acknowledge it, mostly.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 6:07 pm

Birthdays are kind of complicated for me. I’ve never received a birthday present or had a party in my life. I usually try to do something nice for myself though.

I don’t like getting older, so there’s that too.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 7:02 pm

That is horrible Twilight. I am not keen on the fuss as I like having quiet days, but it must feel bad not having a birthday. You need to bring birthdays to the fore so you can celebrate them. Do not worry what others think. You go and enjoy the day the next time your birthday comes along, even if you buy yourself an ice cream!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 7:03 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What did you do for your birthday?

How do you feel about your birthday?

My birthday reminds me that I am rapidly getting older and have zero "friends" and nothing accomplished

You have us as online friends. Never think you are alone.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 1:27 am

On one hand, birthdays are fun. On the other hand the older I get, the more people expect from me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 4:44 pm

Everyone else seems to enjoy my birthday more than I do but that's fine. I like to see people be happy and I can kind of just go along with it all.

I still have to wash the dishes though. I don't get a day off from that.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 5:01 pm

I don't much care for it. I don't like getting presents much because I feel like I'm expected to respond a certain way and it's not usually a natural reaction. There's a lot of pressure to act. And now there's the getting older part that used to be no big deal but is getting depressing.

I like a cake though.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 5:10 pm

Oh I love overreacting when I open a present.

My daughter thinks it's hilarious. I think that's why she likes watching me open them. It's all part of the fun

I love lemon dribble cake me

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 10:13 pm

41st birthday in one and a half weeks

don't have to work that day

zero "friends" and only "chump change". no car. no plans.

craving: dark chocolate, potatoes, sushi, ice cream,

have not eaten chocolate since august 2022. maybe chocolate tastes different now.

13-40, totally obsessed with trying to lose fat, but 41 seems like too old to worry about it.

while worse than being thin, all things equal, plenty of precious lil "people" are fat. they appear to live normal lives and do everything skinny people do.

besides, been on the decline for a couple years now.

nothing to look forward to or live for, positively.

exhausted all the time

stressed out dealing with rude, profane customers.

dead end "job"

ass holes totally misunderstanding me. (rolls eyes)

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 10:25 pm

Well, be happy and wish you a happy birthday in advance

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2024, 5:57 am

It's just like any other day for me. It's in the middle of Summer, my town has always been empty of people during that time, everybody are on Holiday. So I never celebrated it as a kid, my family also never made a big deal out of it, nor for mine neither for their birthdays, though I would usually get some present, but no party, no cake, candles, nothing like that. And I don't feel sorry about that, it is totally irrelevant for me. I never aknowlidge my date of birth on social networks and don't like or need people congratulating me. However, I always remember birthdays of those people who care about them, congratulate and celebrate with them. I love wrapping presents, too.

Bestiola
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2024, 6:53 am

I don't care about it, or any other holiday. I just happily ignore them.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2024, 9:32 am

I hit an important milestone with my last birthday. I mentioned it well in advance, and when nothing noteworthy was forthcoming from those who could make it a special day, I reminded them that I had reached an important milestone. And I mentioned things that normal people do for people they care about on their birthday. You know, when they actually know enough about you to do something personalized. Or anything at all. And still...nothing.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 1:23 am

Today was my birthday and it was as good as could be reasonably expected

Nobody bothered me today
Zero physical pain
Zero symptoms
No work
No rain
Uneventful

Only my sister wished me happy birthday and it was just text

It would have been better if I had real "friends", and cash and the energy and interest to do something

It would have been worse if I was sick or injured or someone bothered me

My birthday reminds me that I have zero "friends", nothing accomplished and 41 health rapidly getting much worse and worse s**t