Building inner pressure for days feels like meltdown coming

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been feeling like there has been this anxious pressure building up in side of me for days. It's the same feeling I get before a meltdown. So far, the meltdown hasn't happened yet. I only get meltdowns once or twice a year, when I am overloaded, tired, or stressed out. I'm not even sure why I feel so anxious. I've generally been feeling stressed about the news, but that never goes away. The only other thing going on is that I'm between work assignments. In my old job, we had to find our own work or we'd get in a lot of trouble. In this new job, the boss assigns me work instead of making me find my own work (a system I like much better). I'm supposed to have an assignment starting next week. I still feel anxious even though I know I'm not going to be in trouble for being between assignments and the new boss is happy with me. Maybe it's leftover anxiety from the bad old job?

How do I get rid of this feeling like I'm going to burst into tears and start screaming? Rest doesn't seem to help.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 10:34 pm

I get that a lot. That's a cute avatar you have.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 11:23 pm

If regular relaxation doesn't help (like watching something funny while having a drink), I'd have a hot shower and just cry and cry. Let it all out while you're alone and in control.

Hope you find relief soon.

Iris.Ell
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2024, 4:54 am

>>How do I get rid of this feeling like I'm going to burst into tears and start screaming? Rest doesn't seem to help.[/quote]

If you feel like that ,why don't you?The more you hold it the worse the meltdown. Even screaming, if that's how it feels.

It always helps, just be in a safe place, alone. The after meltdown is important, try to take a hot shower and keep yourself warm, next to a cuddly thing, for that I got my pet buddy :heart: . Things that soothe you. Delay what ever you got to do that day unless it's something soothing or talking to a friend.

There are meltdown prevention methods but when that threshold has been reached you'd better not feel guilty for having a "controlled"meltdown.

Iris.Ell

24 Feb 2024, 5:01 am

When you wrote inner pressure, initially I thought it was pressure in your ears, do you have that? I get that before meltdowns, literally.