Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 6:40 pm

I've never tried Velcro shoes, but I can see the advantage if they're designed well. I can tie laces, but I'd rather not have to bother because I get bored with mundane or fiddly tasks that can't be developed any further. And my cat plays with the laces while I'm trying to tie them.

So a good pair of shoes with Velcro ties might save a bit of time, boredom and frustration. But I've got a feeling there won't be anything in a traditional style. I don't much like or trust modern shoe styles. To me they often look silly, they don't last very long, and a lot of them don't let the feet breathe because they're made of synthetics. So I don't expect it would be worth the effort of looking into the matter unless I had nothing to do and didn't feel I'd mind the risk of experiencing the frustration of an unproductive search.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2024, 1:17 am

As a child I've relied on my parents to buy my shoes.
They never discouraged me from Velcro shoes, but they did buy me boots without laces as I couldn't tie them properly.

As an adult I wear slip on canvas shoes without laces, i know how to tie laces now, but I find the slip on style shoe to be more convenient

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2024, 2:42 am

I had Velcro shoes when I was little, but once I got to be in 2nd or 3rd grade, I wasn't allowed to have them anymore as my parents felt I needed to learn to tie shoes. For me, it was a frustrating experience learning I remember.

The only shoes that I own that have laces are sneakers, but I do like lace less footwear best. If I am not in the mood to lace shoes, I'll wear my cowboy boots. During the warmer months, outside of work I will wear my Adidas slide sandals or this leather pair I have.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 4:35 am

Velcro shoes when I was a child. I honestly can’t stand the sound of Velcro when you’re strapping yourself in and out of whatever.

I use laces.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2024, 7:02 am

They did not have velcro shoes when I was a kid. They had velcro, but it was not yet commonly used for consumer goods. It took me longer than most kids to learn how to tie my shoes, and I finally realized that they were using some stupid mnemonic that made no sense to me. So I ignored the words and followed the fingers and figured it out.

I still don't like velcro shoes. I'm still proud (at 56) that I learned how to tie my shoes almost 50 years ago. But with the arthritis starting to set in ... maybe loafers?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 7:07 am

I like scratching the soles of my feet with velcro

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 7:13 am

I learnt how to tie my shoes quite late in my life, I would say, because I was then, I believe, a big girl of eight. The last time when I had a pair of velcro shoes (black sneakers) was when I was eleven. I even didn't think until now that velcro shoes for adults are actually produced.

Btw, what about a velcro fly? :D :twisted: :mrgreen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F89McWFENTs I wasn't aware of the existence of such a song until at - yes - nineteen :mrgreen: (which is after all, the cult number in King's universe) I encountered the mention of it in The Dark Tower :D

It seems practically everybody who arrived in Youtube to check this song, did it because of Stephen King who immortalized it in his novel, judging by the comments.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 8:21 am

Sandals :wink:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 8:51 am

My kid can't have velcro shoes. If she does she'll do them up so tight it cuts the blood circulation to her feet off, or breaks the strap. Never tried her with laces but imagine it'd be the same issue. She says if she doesn't they feel too loose, like they're going to fall off. It's a proprioception thing.

She wears boots that have zips up the side.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:08 am

babybird wrote:
I like scratching the soles of my feet with velcro

I haven't heard of someone doing this before.. :lol:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 12:23 am

I've bought sandals that have velcro instead of buckles, I find them much easier as I have difficulty with some buckles.
when you can't get them in the hole.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 2:30 am

I can do both.

But I'll choose Velcro because I'm lazy.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 6:25 pm

Shoes that are neither laces or velcro have gained popularity.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:23 pm

My shoes for ball hockey have laces.
My everyday shoes are loafers.

I also have boots with zippers that I quite like.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 9:08 pm

I can tie laces just fine, but I find lacing shoes up in the first place to be the tricky bit, if they are not already pre-done when bought new.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 9:16 pm

Zeerun Portable Long Metal Shoe Horn 8.5-39“

I bought this collapsible metal shoe horn via Amazon.
It is possible to tie shoes so they can be slipped on and off with a shoe horn.
Eliminating the need to tie shoes every day! :D