Having Trouble With My Family

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 5:34 pm

My sister has more health problems & she so overwhelmed, she told me to do more things, but she may know me, but she don’t know how badly Aspergers & Learning Disability affects me, I told her about Aspergers makes me very very mentally young, I don’t think she believes me. I know she having sooo extremely hard time right now, but she thinks I can REALLY HANDLE things, cuz I’m an older adult. She maybe be my sister, but she feels like stranger too. My Learning Disability makes everything 1000 times worse. I had a mental breakdown in early 2000, I had my breakdown in public, I didn’t even recognize myself, I don’t remember everything, I was in a VERY VERY BAD WAY, one of the staff at my art gallery workshop have to put on Bryan Adams website to calm me down on her computer, she showed me pictures of him, I immediately calm down, I had a big smile on my face. With having Psoriatic Arthritis affecting the bones, makes things even more worse for me, right now, my elbow, side of my back & my knee been hurting so much. It not just my sister, it my dad, my cousin, my aunt, they all really think they know me, but they don’t care to understand what I have, my mom tried to tell our family about my Aspergers, but they didn’t care. I know I have family & friends online, but I still feel alone & very scared, I wish I was dead, that the only way to take away my pain.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2024, 11:18 am

You need to contact someone in social services and tell them that you do not have any supportive family members to help you with anything and you need help with moving and navigating life. The website you posted with services was from California Courts, but the info page linked at the bottom was down. You could call a police non emergency number and tell them you need a social worker and they might help. Or you could go to a hospital and tell them you're having a breakdown and need a social worker and they will have one on shift to talk to and then get info to get a case worker assigned and figure out how to get some sort of assistance from support workers that visit your home to check up on you and help take care of things like finding a place, moving, getting rent agreements in order, getting section 8 subsidy funding for housing etc.

You have to do Something to make contact with workers that can then either help you Or put you in touch with someone that Can help you. That's why I suggest calling a non emergency police number or going to a hospital if there are no phone numbers to call social workers directly.

Here, we have something called the Ministry of Children and Family Development and that's who Most of the government social workers work for. If you have such an agency, you could phone and tell them that you are not a child but you do not have any supportive family members to assist you with things, you're disabled etc and need government provided social worker Or someone from a volunteer organization to help you with life/banking/moving/housing/rent/section 8 etc and if the people at that agency can't do anything for you specifically they Should be able to direct you to someone that Can help you.