Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 11:33 pm

What did your children or parents hide from you?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 1:40 pm

My parents hid, and continue to hide, our family photographs from us. I have about 10 photographs of my childhood. If I ask to see more i get very rambling and oblique answers as to why I can't currently see them. I know they exist, I have seen them when I was younger but not for decades.

My daughter has always stolen and hidden food. She seems to have been born with a fear that people are going to take food away from her. She used to kick our dog because she felt he was trying to take food from her plate. To be clear this was a westie (very small dog) and her plate was on the dining table - in no universe could he have reached her plate. She has to pack several snacks when she goes out, even for an hour, because she worries about not having enough food. I have no idea where this fear comes from, we've never deprived her of food, taken food from her or allowed dogs to steal her food.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 6:19 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What did your children or parents hide from you?
My parents hid from me the fact that I was conceived 6 weeks before their 'impulse' wedding.  I figured it out after I learned to count to 9 and knew the dates of my birthday and my parents' wedding.

No wonder my uncle kept referring to me as a "Little Bastard".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.