People working out inspire me but doesn't get me into a gym

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,300

07 Mar 2024, 1:32 am

Fresh air and the beach or drive to a park or mountain with smell of pine leaves > stale smells of sweat, urine, unwashed hands and bodies smothering gym equipments and dirty public gym bathrooms.



DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2024
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 230
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

07 Mar 2024, 2:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^hopefully you were not injured like i was.


What happened to you !? I was injured enough to quit the gym and never again go there. But not that much because of the injury. Just not my thing. Didn't like it there anyway.

epicondylitis of both elbows. back issues. aggravation of spinal issues. wry neck. arthritis.


8O Auch! You ended up ruined. I am sorry it happened to you. Maybe swimming now would work much better for you.


_________________
Someone wrote in their signature English is not their first language. Same here.


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,101
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Mar 2024, 3:11 am

DazyDaisy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
DazyDaisy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^hopefully you were not injured like i was.


What happened to you !? I was injured enough to quit the gym and never again go there. But not that much because of the injury. Just not my thing. Didn't like it there anyway.

epicondylitis of both elbows. back issues. aggravation of spinal issues. wry neck. arthritis.


8O Auch! You ended up ruined. I am sorry it happened to you. Maybe swimming now would work much better for you.

I swam a mile's worth of laps most evenings later on.



DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2024
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 230
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

08 Mar 2024, 4:17 am

^^^Then you are doing great :⁠-⁠)!


_________________
Someone wrote in their signature English is not their first language. Same here.


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,101
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Mar 2024, 3:29 pm

wish I was still up at that level, the last time I swam was in 2005, almost 2 decades ago. now I can barely move.



DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 1 Feb 2024
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 230
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

08 Mar 2024, 4:07 pm

Couldn't have guess it was that long ago. It's my English. Sorry to hear you can barely move.


_________________
Someone wrote in their signature English is not their first language. Same here.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,549
Location: Right over your left shoulder

08 Mar 2024, 4:14 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^if one is gifted with living in a genteel neighborhood without furry 4 or two legged nasties.


A stout cane is a good friend. :nerdy:


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,101
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Mar 2024, 4:28 pm

DazyDaisy wrote:
Couldn't have guess it was that long ago. It's my English. Sorry to hear you can barely move.

your English is fine :) age happens to everybody but at a variable rate. :bigsmurf:



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,101
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Mar 2024, 4:29 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^if one is gifted with living in a genteel neighborhood without furry 4 or two legged nasties.


A stout cane is a good friend. :nerdy:

martial arts training is sorta a must to properly use said cane.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,549
Location: Right over your left shoulder

08 Mar 2024, 4:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^if one is gifted with living in a genteel neighborhood without furry 4 or two legged nasties.


A stout cane is a good friend. :nerdy:

martial arts training is sorta a must to properly use said cane.


It helps, but one of the benefits of a weapon is simply to raise the potential costs of engaging with the person holding it. Another benefit is that it can be used to maintain distance. Neither of those really requires any degree of training.


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 114,101
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Mar 2024, 4:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^if one is gifted with living in a genteel neighborhood without furry 4 or two legged nasties.


A stout cane is a good friend. :nerdy:

martial arts training is sorta a must to properly use said cane.


It helps, but one of the benefits of a weapon is simply to raise the potential costs of engaging with the person holding it. Another benefit is that it can be used to maintain distance. Neither of those really requires any degree of training.

I've seen a cane ripped from an elderly woman and used against her.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,549
Location: Right over your left shoulder

08 Mar 2024, 4:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^if one is gifted with living in a genteel neighborhood without furry 4 or two legged nasties.


A stout cane is a good friend. :nerdy:

martial arts training is sorta a must to properly use said cane.


It helps, but one of the benefits of a weapon is simply to raise the potential costs of engaging with the person holding it. Another benefit is that it can be used to maintain distance. Neither of those really requires any degree of training.

I've seen a cane ripped from an elderly woman and used against her.


The four legged nasties aren't likely to do that.


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,787
Location: United Kingdom

08 Mar 2024, 5:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^if one is gifted with living in a genteel neighborhood without furry 4 or two legged nasties.


For sure!