Oklahoma students walk out after trans student’s death

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jason Thayer
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Feb 2024, 9:57 am

Well, this Christian is going to talk about it on his podcast.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 11:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
[
In my school they did not care who started a fight, it was just boys being boys. The routine was to go to the principal's office apologize, pretend to mean it, and maybe you can avoid detention.

I don't think things have changed. My daughter's last years of highschool were dominated by girls picking fights with her. Despite the clear group bullying, whenever she fought back it was her that was suspended. The bullies made up some story she ws out of control and her autism made the teachers believe. The consequences of those experiences are impacting her college now. She is just so agitated around new people. I might have no choice but to review her medication.

Sorry to hear that. I know the bullying hurt my self confidence into adulthood. Maybe that is why I am anxious around new people also. The diagnosis did wonders in that regard but not completely. Hopefully there is much more help for people like her these days then the deal with it advice we got.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman