I got invited to Jonathan's apartment!! !

Page 7 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 5:09 pm

So did it happen?

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 5:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
So did it happen?

Not yet

He has to move to his apartment first

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 3:34 am

I just thought of how to get my brother more used to being alone for a longer period of time:

If I got a job that would force him to have to get by on his own and might make the eventual transition to co-habitation or marriage easier!! !

Jonathan was going to look into me working at his job

I should ask him about that Wednesday at Day Program!

An episode of SpongeBob SquarePants called "A Pal for Gary" made me come up with this idea

What do you guys think?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Mar 2024, 6:39 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I just thought of how to get my brother more used to being alone for a longer period of time:

If I got a job that would force him to have to get by on his own and might make the eventual transition to co-habitation or marriage easier!! !

An episode of SpongeBob SquarePants called "A Pal for Gary" made me come up with this idea

What do you guys think?
That sounds like a good idea to try. Working could get you out of the house more & give you more of a sense of independence. It might also give you some extra money depending on your benefits. Screwing up your benefits would be my big concern. Day Program might have an idea on how your benefits would be affected & guide you on that so I'd suggest talking about it with them first to be safe.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 7:08 am

I would like to echo Nick's concern above.

Make sure the work doesn't mess with your state benefits. You wouldn't want to start a job, not like it, and then have your income become unstable, simply because you tried to do some work.

Unfortunately, the benefits system in the US & the UK at least seem to discourage going in and out of work, which doesn't seem sensible at all.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 7:12 am

Well if she's on SSI, she could probably be better off switching to Title II disability. That does raise a question. Does she have a Rep Payee? Is it her mother? How would she go about dealing with Social Security?

I would like to know what kind of job it is.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 2:14 pm

nick007 wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

What do you guys think?
That sounds like a good idea to try. Working could get you out of the house more & give you more of a sense of independence. It might also give you some extra money depending on your benefits. Screwing up your benefits would be my big concern. Day Program might have an idea on how your benefits would be affected & guide you on that so I'd suggest talking about it with them first to be safe.

Like I said it will force my brother to be alone more often which is what I want

I will have to talk to Cathy about how to get around screwing up my benefits

Jonathan probably gets benefits too

Working with him will also allow me to be around him more often as well!! !

It's a win-win situation!

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 2:16 pm

This IS the answer to my problem!! !

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 3:40 am

A woman should not force a man into having a vasectomy to have sex with her, I think a man would not like that. What if later in life he have different woman & want children with her, it not right to want a man to have a vasectomy.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 3:49 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
A woman should not force a man into having a vasectomy to have sex with her, I think a man would not like that. What if later in life he have different woman & want children with her, it not right to want a man to have a vasectomy.

Yeah I would NEVER do that!! !

That would be his decision

I would rather deal with the Pap smear and birth control pills