No 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
Maybe 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Don't get high off your own supply 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2024, 1:57 pm

just because a person posts a paper doesn't mean he knows what he is talking about.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2024, 12:42 am

I get what they are trying to say but also it sounds kinda mean and it took me seconds to feel kinda hurt by some of the stuff said and realize why I felt like that. Not 24 hours.

Once you meet autistic person, you have met one autistic person. This study if it is true is about the experience of maybe some autistic people. But also maybe those people could not communicate their emotions even if they still felt them and understood them. So maybe it could be accurate for some autistic people but it is not just the "autistic brain".

Autism is probably a set of traits that if they impact someone's life and social interactions enough, gets diagnosed as autism and maybe gets support. It is not a specific brain disorder that can be identified through a specific gene or specific abnormality in the brain as far as we know. Expression of autism like ig "phenotype" is probably from a variety of different gene combinations and neurological differences that can be grouped into autism as a diagnosis. So I do not have high hopes that a study will find a single way an autistic brain works.