It’s hard for me to live in the world the way it is

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 2:11 am

As in, many things that make me very angry, whether it’s inside or outside the scope of my circle. Especially when other humans are the dipshits that cause said things. It feels so overwhelming to try to navigate it all. I hate living like this, but I have no choice because people suck. It doesn’t feel good at all.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 2:55 am

Yeah I feel you sort of, I guess I just feel like maybe I could stick around because idk maybe I could die more gloriously if I actually defend democracy or something. But i hate the way the world is going'.....like f**k I got a primary ballot and there are other options besides joe biden, but I don't know about them and if the democratic party has basically pretdetermined biden should win that is probably what will happen, but I for sure would rather have biden than a facist trump regime.

But I also don't like biden being willing to give aide to Israel since I feel that makes this country complacent with genocide and no matter how one slices it that is f****d up. But on the other hand the democrats have not really put forth another viable canidate to take bidens place so seems like the only real option is to put biden on my primary, but idk There ar things I disagree with that biden says, but he is still for sure better than any republican canidates.

Its definitely a lessor of two evils vote for me. But yeah the way the world is is hard, lol that is why I may sometimes spend too much time on video games...to forget about it for a while.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 02 Mar 2024, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 2:59 am

Outside of seeing a lot of foolish and needless suffering I've also noticed that goal orientation gets difficult when almost every path seems at least partially crooked and you start asking 'What can I even do that I'd feel good about?'.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 11:40 am

I think if I'm honest I sometimes feel this way too.

Idk it's hard to explain. I think it's an existential thing

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 12:23 pm

You can't control other humans, only yourself. People can suck all around you, but if you focus on Your health, mental well being, calm mind and so on then you'll be fine despite whatever chaos is going on around you. Diet, exercise, sleep, water, sunlight, meditation etc = an increased personal capacity to be balanced and at peace w/o reacting strongly to the BS that's going to go on all around you forever. Can't control the BS; can only work on controlling yourself, your reactions to BS, your thoughts & feelings etc.

What_in_the_what_now
Raven
Raven

02 Mar 2024, 1:15 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
As in, many things that make me very angry, whether it’s inside or outside the scope of my circle. Especially when other humans are the dipshits that cause said things. It feels so overwhelming to try to navigate it all. I hate living like this, but I have no choice because people suck. It doesn’t feel good at all.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 1:34 pm

What_in_the_what_now wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
sorry, I don’t understand this.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 3:29 pm

It's hard, but the other option is to no longer live in the world and thus lose all ability to influence how the world develops.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 3:41 pm

i believe we're here to be IN this world but to resist being OF this world.

What_in_the_what_now
Raven
Raven

02 Mar 2024, 6:12 pm

This post makes me really uncomfortable. I dont say that to make it "go away" but this is bordering on a note. Are we able to get assistance for someone in such circumstances or is the forum completely anonymous from that sense?

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 9:56 pm

This post makes me really uncomfortable. I dont say that to make it "go away" but this is bordering on a note. Are we able to get assistance for someone in such circumstances or is the forum completely anonymous from that sense?
why does it make you uncomfortable? And what does “bordering on a note” mean?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 12:07 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
why does it make you uncomfortable? And what does “bordering on a note” mean?

I think the post means that this person is worried about your well-being. I hope you are managing.

As far as your original post, I agree with Goldfish. There are always going to be people doing bad things and bad things happening, and the only thing we can do most of the time is try to manage how those things affect us. It's helpful to keep in mind that there are also good people doing good things. For example, if someone is out in public and they get injured or are in an accident, people will always come to their aid. Maybe not everyone, but someone is always trying to help. I can honestly say I've never seen something happen to someone where no one stopped to help. People are multifaceted. Yes, they can be callous and selfish, but they can also be compassionate and good. The same person can be all those things at different times.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 12:33 am

I think OP is venting his feelings.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 7:17 am

^ His signature does mention a mood disorder.

Perhaps he is feeling depressed?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 3:56 pm

I understand the OP's feelings in this regard.