Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 11:25 pm

What is the longest you have gone without a shower?

How often does someone tell you you olfactorially stink?

How often do you do laundry?

What kind of deodorant do you use?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2024, 12:02 am

I like to shower daily. I look like a total slob. Grungy clothes, unkept hair, I'll go months without shaving. But I always shower. And shampoo, I just don't comb my longish hair too well. But daily shower and shampoo.

Laundry, I do it when it really starts to pile up.

I use spray deodorant. A lot of spray deodorants have gotten weaker, but I find Old Spice DRY SPRAYs to be very powerful after only a few short sprays. Lasts all day. Not regular Old Spice spray deodorant, they've gotten weaker. Specifically the ones in the slender canisters that say DRY SPRAY. Any fragrance, doesn't matter.

vergil96
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Mar 2024, 7:01 am

The longest I've gone without a shower was a few days when ill. Normally, I shower 1 or 2 times a day, always in the evening, also in the morning if I leave the house. I showered 3 times when I went to sports trainings, third time before the training.

I get told I stink if I don't take a shower just before leaving the house, I sweat a lot and have greasy skin. I have been using Gilette antiperspirant deodorant in a stick for some time now, it works to use it on the back and chest too, it doesn't stick, itch or leave stains.

I change underwear and shirt everyday. Other clothes when they get dirty or seem not fresh or smell sweaty. Laundry - as needed, not everyday for sure, sometimes I don't do laundry for two weeks and then do it a few times. Sometimes I'll do some every few days.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 8:52 pm

have not showered since february 27, 2023 (for a doctor appointment).

went to a doctor appointment in january 2024 (different doctor). in the report, she didn't write anything about "slightly dissheveled". ("winner, winner, chicken dinner").

zero deodorant, perfume or anything like that

been working @ home depot for over 3 years. did not get made redundant due to failure to take a shower.

live alone.

single, zero "friends". zero children, "parents" dropped dead a long time ago.

got sick 2x last year. nothing dramatic.

AnnaTheSquirrel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2024, 11:31 am

shower once a week. with ear plugs against the water noise. No soap, just a wash cloth to rub away dead skin cells and salt.

some anti-allergen roll om deo, sanex. use very little

wash face every morning, in the sink in the kitchen (fast warm water). smear on some coconut cooking oil. done.

I have an app, buddii, that breaks down the steps for showering and joins me to follow through. yes literally joins.

husband does the laundry. I know to toss my shirt in after max 5 days of wear.

we're allowed to wash things just for the hell of it, not only because they're sufficiently dirty. Also a random shower to warm up is ok.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 11:54 am

I have the same hygiene routine I follow everyday...otherwise I forget things.

Laundry used to be daily too, but now that I have to use a laundrymat I do it once a week on the same day.