Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

MetalCloakJeep
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2024, 7:30 pm

Hello,

I am a lonely 33-year-old dude. I figured I should join and be active in some community. Maybe I can make friends? (doubtful).

I was diagnosed with Asperger's early on. Well, I have been diagnosed with many things, including epilepsy, a speech impairment, Asperger's, OCD, GAD, Major Depression, C-TPTSD, regular PTSD, etc.

I have often wondered what makes me so unlikeable. Is it the Asperger's or everything else? People are uncomfortable around me. I know it, I can see it, but I can't stop it. There are too many possible reasons for me to narrow it down to even a few.

Maybe I can connect with folks here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2024, 8:26 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

I am also 33 and have no friends.

I have been on the spectrum since I was 13 and have been epileptic since I was 8.

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder back in 2015. I have an NT sister who was diagnosed with GAD two years later in the latter part of 2017. Our mom (who may have mental health issues herself) has been in denial ever since.

Ableism against people on the spectrum will never go away. In fact, I have an uncle who believes that the spectrum isn't real, that I'm making it all up and that I will never be a "real man."

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2024, 9:07 pm

sometimes the most enabled ableists at all are the psychiatrists.

they throw diagnoses around like potatoes.

We are human, above all.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2024, 9:29 pm

Welcome to WP. I hope you can find some comfort here.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2024, 9:31 pm

Welcome to WP!! ! :D

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2024, 9:42 pm

Welcome to WP! :alien:

I hope you enjoy your time here and find someone or multiple persons to connect with.

CoffeeCups
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2024, 9:36 am

Welcome to WP! :D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 10:40 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

You wrote: "I have often wondered what makes me so unlikeable. Is it the Asperger's or everything else? People are uncomfortable around me. I know it, I can see it, but I can't stop it. There are too many possible reasons for me to narrow it down to even a few."

I will try and explain this. Most people as they grow up learn to analyze people by looking into their eyes. They can spot someone with Asperger's Syndrome in a few seconds. I do not look people directly into their eyes but off to one side. They can spot this and come to a false belief that we are trying to hide something, that we are dishonest. This is far from the truth but that is what most people believe. So we become social outcast in life.

I ran an experiment several years ago. I bought a special pair of sunglasses. They were one way glasses. I could see out but others could not see my eyes. It was like I was invisible. For many years, police wore these types of glasses. You could wear them indoors because they only limited to a very small degree the amount of light passing through the glasses. When I went out in public, something very strange happened. People would come up to me and begin conversations. They were strangers. They treated me very differently then what I was use to. It was like I had a pair of magical glasses, glasses I could instantly transform myself to normal, just by wearing them.

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2024, 2:03 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 8:03 am

welcome, we are a friendly and supportive bunch, all ages, all experiences, all interests might be represented here, glad you found us.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 6:08 pm

Welcome aboard 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 10:43 am

Welcome to WPea :mrgreen: