Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Zoey2007
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2024, 9:08 pm

Love to chat with people who love Lord of the Rings as much as I do. No negative comments please :heart:

Zoey (age 16, CA)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 9:10 pm

I've read 5/6 books. I can appreciate it but it's not my favourite fantasy series. It's still been a huge influence on my world-building endeavours because it's pretty much the springhead for fantasy as a genre.

I hope that's not too negative. :oops:

Zoey2007
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2024, 9:28 pm

No worries, nothing wrong with an opinion. I'm actually getting started on a book series called wheel of time that's also fantasy , what else are you into ? :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 9:36 pm

Zoey2007 wrote:
No worries, nothing wrong with an opinion. I'm actually getting started on a book series called wheel of time that's also fantasy , what else are you into ? :)

I've read a lot of R.A. Salvadore's books. I haven't read Wheel of Time but have known a lot of people who liked them a lot.

Not fantasy, but I really liked War and Peace when I read it.

I like world-building a lot too.

I tried writing a fantasy story but it ended up as a disorganized, mostly disconnected mess.